Friday, January 19, 2018

January 19, 2018 ... Moving Mountains

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 19 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with lyrics and song from Don Moen singing… God Will Make A Way … poignantly singing of the reality of our faith in following God when He calls, … no matter how improbable or even impossible the way may seem.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Zechariah 4:7 [NLT] … 7 Nothing, not even a mighty mountain, will stand in Zerubbabel’s way; it will become a level plain before him! And when Zerubbabel sets the final stone of the Temple in place, the people will shout: ‘May God bless it! May God bless it! 
… God’s calling is His enablement; and when He calls, not even a mountain could stand in the way of the faithful.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Zechariah 4:1-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Prophet encourages the people to not let anything get in their way of rebuilding God’s Temple.
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
…When God calls us to a task, he will provide the way to complete it.

Reference Passage : … 1 Corinthians 10:13 [NKJV] … 13 The temptations [or translated “trials, troubles, tribulations”] in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation [or trial] to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted [or tried], he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 
… God will make a way when there seems to be no way.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul shows us that, as Christians, we walk by faith and NOT by sight.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9 [NKJV] … 9 Each time He said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 
… When we feel weak in carrying out God’s calling, we must remember that His grace is sufficient for us to move ahead.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Marvin Williams, related an actual story of how one man cut a road thru a mountain. The ODB author wrote: What do you do when there is a mountain in your way? The story of Dashrath Manjhi can inspire us. When his wife died because he was unable to get her to the hospital to receive urgent medical care, Manjhi did what seemed impossible. He spent twenty-two years chiseling a massive gap in a mountain [see photo] so other villagers could get to the local hospital to receive the medical care they needed. Before he died, the government of India celebrated him for his achievement. 

I’m quite certain that each person reading here has encountered tasks in life which seem like a mountain has been put in our way. And maybe we haven’t been motivated as this Indian man in this story to chisel thru the mountain. But a mentor of mine once told me a truth which helped me get over a mountain in my path years ago.

I had been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and I was told that I simply had to lose weight. I was almost 250 pound with an ideal weight of 180. Losing that weight was my mountain. But my mentor told me… “God’s calling is His enablement;” which translated to God giving me - with my faith - the Spirit’s power to lose that weight. And over the next months I did, getting down to the target weight. And in doing so I was able to get my diabetes under control.

We may not be called by God to cut a road thru a mountain; but if we are convicted that He is calling us to a task, even one which seems like a mountain; then, as Don Moen sings in the linked song, “He will make a way where there seems to be no way.”

So, if a mountain is in front of you and God is calling you to the other side, … KNOW that He will give you the grace to empower you to get to the other side of that mountain. Those are God’s promises (see Scriptures above), not mine.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for giving me mountain moving faith when I’ve needed it in the past.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Help me today to keep moving on the road around or thru the mountain in front of me. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: