Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January 31, 2018 … Snow White

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 31 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with song and lyrics from Twila Paris and chorus singing … White As Snow … poignantly singing of the reality of how God’s blood has cleansed those who believe on Him as white as now.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Isaiah 1:18a [NLT] … 18  “Come now, let’s settle this,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. 
… What an amazing promise ... fulfilled by Jesus!!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Isaiah 1:16-20[NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru the Prophet, makes it clear that He can and will make all believers white as snow … that our sins, which are like crimson, will be cleansed forever.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 103:11-12 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God’s promise to remove our sins COMPLETELY!!

Reference Passage : … Lamentations 3:22-23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Jeremiah, promises that His cleansing mercies are new EVERY morning.

Reference Passage : … 1st Jonn 1:9 [NKJV] … 9 But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 
 … Anytime, anywhere, a believer is willing/able to confess his/her sins, that one is cleansed completely and made as white as snow.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Xochitl Dixon, told a personal story to illustrate God’s faithfulness, especially when we face times of trouble. The ODB author wrote: Last December, my family and I went to the mountains. We had lived in a tropical climate all our lives, so it was the first time we could see snow in all its magnificence. As we contemplated the white mantle covering the fields, my husband quoted Isaiah, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow” (Isaiah 1:18).

The photo above is a snow phenomena which occurs occasionally on a mountain in Montana where snow completely covers the trees forming figures which look like what is called “snow ghosts.” It makes an interesting nature picture to illustrate what the Prophet Isaiah was communicating from God as to how, we we surrender ourselves to God completely, He has covered our sins with the blood of the Lamb of God, His Son, Jesus, The Christ, and made us white as snow.

And for one, my fellow Christians, I’m one who has - and still is - the benefactor of having been cleansed of my sin and able come to my Lord daily to confess my sin with a humble attitude of contrition and have my sins completely cleansed - as white as snow (see 1st John 1:9 and hear the linked song). And God’s promise is that His mercy, in this regard, is new every morning for as long as I live combatting my sin nature.

And it’s like my Lord makes me from a snow “ghost” into a very real snow “man” with His blood having covered me eternally on the cross. And if you share my gratefulness, do I sense you joining me in a rousing HALLELUJAH!!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, another Hallelujah of thanks for Your shed blood which covers all my sins.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit …I come again this morning doing all I can to humbly present myself for your covering, knowing that You will make me as white as the snow. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: