Wednesday, January 03, 2018

January 3, 2018 … Temple Worship!

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 3 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics from Carrie Underwood singing the old Gospel classic … Carrie Underwood … Poignantly and powerfully singing of the great God we serve and the greatness of His glory.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1 Chronicles 29:11 [NLT] … 11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore You as the One who is over all things. 
… David prays before the greatness of the ONE TRUE GOD!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1Chronicles 29:10-13 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… King David prays to the Great God of His people, expressing how those who believe on Him must reverence Him above all else.
=============

Reference Passage : … Luke 9:35 [NLT] … 35 Then a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, my Chosen One. Listen to Him.” 
… On the mount of transfiguration, God, the Father, declares to Peter, James, and John exactly Whom they were with … “His beloved Son, The Christ” !!

Reference Passage : … 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
…God, thru Paul, teaches us on the importance of honoring God with our bodies as they are the residence (i.e., Temple) of the Holy Spirit.

Reference Passage : … Colossians 1:15-17 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Paul prays to the God of his life (and ours) honoring the greatness and glory of our God.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Dave Branon, creates a word picture to help us reverence God for Whom He really is. The ODB author wrote: One of the pleasures of a trip to Europe is visiting the grand cathedrals that dot the landscape. They are breathtakingly beautiful as they soar toward the heavens. The architecture, art, and symbolism found in these amazing buildings present a spellbinding experience of wonder and magnificence. 
As I thought about the fact that these structures were built to reflect God’s magnificence and His all-surpassing splendor, I wondered how we could possibly recapture in our hearts and minds a similar feeling of God’s grandeur and be reminded again of His greatness. 

My wife and I have been in Europe and have seen those magnificent structures, as the Sacre Coeur in France [see photo]. And all of these “churches” were built to reverence the greatness of God with the greatness of the places where God was to be worshiped. That’s what King David was praying for as God’s People came together to rebuild His Temple in Jerusalem (see highlight passage).

Now, unfortunately, most of the great temples of worship [i.e., churches] are only tourist attractions in Europe, … empty of worship and reverence to the God they were built to glorify.

My friend, do we realize what Carrie Underwood sings in the linked song; … i.e., that our God is GREAT and WORTHY of our worship? Unfortunately, I think our worship of the One our Abba Father declared was His beloved Son … to be worshipped above all (see Luke 9:35 and Col. 1:15-17) … is as empty as those churches in Europe.

And I’m convicted this day that I’ve been treating God’s primary Temple, i.e, my body (see 1Cor. 6:19), with empty disrespect. My eating and body restoration habits do not reflect the honor and glory and worship I should be giving to my LORD; and so, I need to clean up His Temple and worship Him with reverence with my body. And to this end I pray today.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: Oh Lord, thank You for the health and well being I still have in the body You’ve given me [as Your Temple] to worship You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Give me the empowering grace to clean up Your temple and make my body a place of worship today and all days. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: