Sunday, January 14, 2018

January 14, 2018 … My Good Shepherd

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 14 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images from Marty Goetz singing his arrangement of … Psalm 23 … poignantly singing where Jesus, as our Good Shepherd, will lead all who surrender to Him as Lord and follow Him.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: John 10:27 [NLT] … 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. … Those who know the Good Shepherd follow Him faithfully.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: John 10:6-29 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus refers to Himself as the Good Shepherd, declaring that He is truly the Son of God. 
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 23 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… David’s song about His Good Shepherd.

Reference Passage : …Luke 12;6-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Because I acknowledge Jesus as my Good Shepherd and Lord, He acknowledges me to the Angels as one of His flock

Reference Passage : …John 3:16 [NLT] … I hope you know this one! 
… God loves us just this much.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author,Bill Crowder, references a famous children’s hymn to illustrate just how much God knows His flock and loves us anyway. The ODB author wrote: “Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so” is the message of one of Christian music’s most enduring songs, particularly for children. Written by Anna B. Warner in the 1800s, this lyric tenderly affirms our relationship with Him—we are loved.
 Someone gave my wife a plaque for our home that gives these words a fresh twist by flipping that simple idea. It reads, “Jesus knows me, this I love.” This provides a different perspective on our relationship with Him—we are known. 

I’ve always thought that the biblical picture of Jesus as “The Good Shepherd” in Psalm 23 and John, chapter 10 was a good one, depicting the relationship Jesus had (has) with His flock. And if one studies that analogy, we come away with the message that only those in the flock who hear the Shepherd’s voice and follow Him will receive His saving grace.

So, today’s ODB and my follow-up here simply asks us …
...  Is Jesus our Good Shepherd? 
... Do we hear His voice? 
... Are we following Him? 

 If we (you) can say “YES” to all of those, as our Good Shepherd, … as King David declared in his song, … Jesus will lead us out of the valley of the shadow of death, to dwell with Him forever beside the living, eternal waters in His garden.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for leading me into Your eternal garden. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … I will follow my Good Shepherd wherever He leads me. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: