Saturday, January 20, 2018

January 20, 2018 … He Is Our Help

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 20 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics from The Brooklyn Tabernacle singing a rendition from Psalm 121 … My Help … poignantly singing from the Song of Ascent in the Jewish culture of help we get from our God.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 121:2 [NLT] … 2  My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth! 
… The One Who made heaven and earth is our Helper.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 121 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… One of the Songs of Ascent, giving honor to God as the one Who is our Help in times of challenge.
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Our God helps us by leading us through life.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [NKJV] … 10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. 
… Our God will lift us up when we are down.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 12:9 [NKJV] … 9 Each time He said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 
… Our Lord provides us with His strength to cover our weakness.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Arthur Jackson, reminded me of one of my favorite Christian songs sung by the famous Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir (see photo). The ODB author wrote: For decades the renowned Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir has blessed multitudes through their soul-refreshing gospel songs. One example is their recording from Psalm 121 titled “My Help.” … 
Do you feel alone, forsaken, abandoned, confused? Ponder the lyrics of Psalm 121. Allow these words to fill your soul with faith and courage. You’re not alone, so don’t try to do life on your own. Rather, rejoice in the earthly and eternal care of God as demonstrated in the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ. And whatever the next steps, take them with His help. 

And let me say this, beyond the encouraging words of this ODB author, … if you can use the link above and listen to the YouTube playing of the Brooklyn Tab, singing “My Help,” and not be lifted up by it’s truth in song, then I would say that you need to see someone for spiritual and/or emotional counseling.

And any or all of the Songs of Ascent (from Psalms 120-134) will also lift the spirits of any believer when we’re feeling down, just as they did for the Jewish pilgrims in King David’s day as they ascended to Jerusalem for the high Jewish feasts and celebrations of their faith.

I know that any time I’m feeling a bit down/out, I have that Brooklyn Tab song downloaded on my cell phone; and I’m ALWAYS lifted up by it and the reference Scriptures above, which I have memorized to allow God to be my helper.

Try it, let God lift you up with His songs.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for Your songs of ascent.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Lift me up, Lord!! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: