Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January 24, 2018 … Sing Praise to His Glory

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 24 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics from Chris Rice singing the old Hymn … How Great Thou Art … poignantly singing of the greatness of our God, Who created even the birds who sing to His glory.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 104:1, … 12 [NLT] … 1  Let all that I am praise the Lord. O Lord my God, how great you are!  You are robed with honor and majesty. … 12  The birds nest beside the streams and sing among the branches of the trees. 
… Is this the attitude which we bring to living; … an attitude of praise to the God of all that even the birds sing forth.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 104:1-12, 24-30 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… As with the Psalmist, we must hold a continual reverence for our God.
=============

Reference Passage : … Colossians 1:17 [NLT] … 17 He [GOD] existed before anything else, and He holds all creation together. 
…Wow! How great is our God?!!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Jeff Olson, uses a reference to how all creation sings out to worship our God. The ODB author wrote: A few winters ago, my hometown experienced an unusually long blast of bone-chilling temperatures that finally gave way to the warmer weather of spring. For two weeks straight, the outside thermometer dipped well below the sub-zero degree mark (-20 C; -5 F). 
On one particularly bitter cold morning, the sound of chirping birds broke the silence of night. Dozens, if not hundreds, sang their hearts out. If I didn’t know any better, I could have sworn the little creatures were crying out to their Creator to please warm things up! 
Bird experts tell us that the multitude of birdsongs we hear during late winter mornings are mostly male birds, attempting to attract mates and claim their territories [see photo]. Their chirping reminded me that God fine-tuned His creation to sustain and flourish life—because He is a God of life.

Isn’t it magnificent that even the birds sing of God’s glory (again, see photo). So, then let us, sing as does Chris Rice in the linked song, … “How Great Thou Art!” 

I don’t think I need to say any more, do I?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for creating all we see for our pleasure and Your glory.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Even the birds sing of Your glory, … let me join their praise song this day! … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: