Friday, January 26, 2018

January 26, 2018 … Time Flies

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 26 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with song and lyrics from Oleta Adams singing the song of worship … Holy Is The Lamb … poignantly singing of the heart of worship all Christians should have for our Lord, Who is the Lamb of God.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Revelation 4:8 [NLT] … 8 Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered all over with eyes, inside and out. Day after day and night after night they keep on saying, … “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty — the One Who always was, who is, and who is still to come.”
… John saw the angels in Heaven worshipping God.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Revelation 4 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… John has a revelation of what worship in Heaven looks like.
=============

Reference Passage : … Acts 1:6-11 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… How glorious it must have been to be there to witness Jesus being taken by God’s Spirit into His glorious reunion with His Heavenly Father.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Julie Ackerman Link, who BTW is in heaven now worshipping our God, uses a common phrase to illustrate what time will be like when we’re in heaven worshipping God. The ODB author wrote: “Time flies when you’re having fun.” [see photo] This cliché has no basis in fact, but experience makes it seem true. When life is pleasant, time passes all too quickly. Give me a task that I enjoy, or a person whose company I love, and time seems irrelevant. 

There is some truth to that old cliche, isn’t there? Time seems to drag on forever when we’re wrapped in stress and anguish; and time sees to fly so fast when life is going well. So can we imagine how fast time will fly in heaven, when every moment will be glorious as we will be ALWAYS in the presence of the Lamb of God? And as the Apostle John was given revelation, worship in Heaven (see Revelation, Chapter 4) will be so glorious that time, as we know it, will be almost meaningless.

I learned, in reading and mediating on this ODB entry today, that the author of this devotional is now in heaven worshipping our Lord with the angels; and how glorious it is to contemplate how wonderful that must be for the one who was writing in this piece about how time will all be wonderful as we worship the Lamb of God in heaven.

Sure, I want to live as long as God gives me time to be here, worshipping Him with my life; but I so revel in the thought (and reality) of how time will fly in heaven as I see - and worship - my Lord face to face.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You where You are taking me to be with You in eternity.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … Help my time of worship to fly as I live for Your glory here and new. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: