Monday, January 08, 2018

January 8, 2018 … From East to West

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 8 

Devotional Song:GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images from the group, Casting Crowns, singing their song … East To West … Poignantly singing of the state of our sin debt, … PAID IN FULL … by our Savior on the cross. … Yes … “It is finished!”


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 103:11-12 [NLT] … 11 For His unfailing love toward those who fear Him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. 12  He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. 
…Sins COMPLETELY forgiving!!
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 103:1-12 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… David is so thankful for God’s forgiveness … seeing his sins erased as far as the east is from the west.
=============

Reference Passage : … Micah 7:19 [NLT] … 19  Once again you will have compassion on us. You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean! 
… God’s forgiveness is so great our sins are cast into his sea of forgetfulness.

Reference Passage : … John 19:30 [NLT] … When Jesus had tasted it, He said, “It is finished!” Then He bowed His head and gave up His spirit. 
… When Jesus died on the cross all the sins of mankind were forgiven and forgotten in those who believe on Him.

Reference Passage : … Romans 10:13 [NLT] … 13 For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” [from Joel 2:32] 
… Paul declares that anyone who declares from their heart that Jesus is LORD will be forgiven and saved from their (our) sins.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, David C McCasland, wrote of how some famous characters in history only need one name to command respect and honor. The ODB author wrote: I blinked back tears as I reviewed my medical bill. Considering my husband’s severe cut in salary after a lengthy unemployment, even paying half of the balance would require years of small monthly installments. I prayed before calling the doctor’s office to explain our situation and request a payment plan. After leaving me on hold for a short time, the receptionist informed me the doctor had zeroed out our account. 
I sobbed a thank you. The generous gift overwhelmed me with gratitude. Hanging up the phone, I praised God. I considered saving the bill, not as a reminder of what I used to owe but as a reminder of what God had done. 
My physician’s choice to pardon my debt brought to mind God’s choice to forgive the insurmountable debt of my sins. 

I really don’t need to add that much to the ODB entry today, do I, … except maybe a prayer that we all really realize the extent fo what happened on the cross the moment Jesus said ”It is finished!” (see John 19:30)

And I’m asking myself this morning if I’m really grasping just how thankful I should be (and hope I am) for Jesus being willing to cast my sin, as Casting Crowns sings, as far is as the east is from the west … or as the Prophet Micah declared that our sins would be cast by Messiah into His sea of forgetfulness (see Micah 7:19).

But it’s true and I duly pause here to acknowledge the wonder of God’s saving grace. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for Your willingness to completely erase my sin as I believed on You as my LORD and Savior.
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … May all who come here acknowledge Your gift of forgetfulness. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: