Tuesday, January 16, 2018

January 16, 2018 … His Power in My Prayer

Berry Patch Devotions in 2017 - Day 16 

Devotional Song: … GO TO THIS LINK …  Please take the time to take in a YouTube video with images and lyrics from Twila Paris and Dennis Jernigan singing this song … On My Knees … poignantly and powerfully singing of our need to get on our needs when we need God’s power in our lives.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: 1 Samuel 7:8 [NLT] … 8 “Don’t stop pleading with the Lord our God to save us from the Philistines!” they begged Samuel. 
… God’s people had faith in Samuel’s connection with God and that God would answer his prayers. 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: 1 Samuel 7:7-14 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… The Prophet Samuel prayed for Israel’s deliverance from the Philistines; and God answered their prayer by confessing the enemy.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 63:1-4 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… God is MY GOD; and early each day I will seek Him in prayer.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 116:1-2 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… My God bends down to hear my prayers anytime and anywhere I pray.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 7:7-8 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus promises that prayer works. Enough said!!

Reference Passage : … Hebrews 13:8 [NLT] … 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 
 … Since Jesus never changes, so His promises never change either!

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Amy Boucher Pye, uses a personal remembrance of a story about prayer power in the Old Testament which helped her gain peace thru prayer. The ODB author wrote: One day, when I was deeply concerned about the welfare of one close to me, I found encouragement in part of the Old Testament story of Samuel, a wise leader of the Israelites. As I read how Samuel interceded for God’s people as they faced trouble, I strengthened my resolve to pray for the one I loved. 

I hope NO ONE reading here thinks that our prayer power is any less than it was for Samuel in the aforementioned story from the highlight passage today. Because if you don’t believe the story above about Samuel praying is true, you can quit reading right here because I believe God answered His prayer and the Philistines were defeated because of His prayer.

I also know that God will hear my prayers just like a father will bend down to hear the words of his child (see Psalm 116:1-2). And finally, I know that Jesus has promised that my prayers, when in tune with His will, are heard and answered (see Matthew 7:7-8); and since Jesus never changes (see Heb. 13:8), I know that my prayer have just as much power as did Samuel’s in the Old Testament.

So, whether you believe it or not, I do; and I will be here every morning starting my day by offering up my “Ebenezer” to my God [see the story in 1st Samuel to know what that means]; … and praying the words of Psalm 63:1-4, praising God ... who is MY GOD. 

Good way to start the day, isn’t it?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: … Oh Lord, Jesus, thank You for hearing me as I prayer … even today. 
=============

My Prayer Today: Abba Father, … King Jesus, … Precious Spirit … I’m here this morning, as I am each day, knowing that you hear my payers. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: