Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Dec 1, 2020 … Always Being There

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 336 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Ryan Stevenson singing … No Matter What … poignantly singing of how our God is ALWAYS there for us … no matter what!! 


Sometimes we all need a lift ... 
 

==============

Highlight Passage:   Job 2:13 [ESV] ... 

13 And they [Job’s friends] sat with him on the ground seven days and seven nights, and no one spoke a word to him, for they saw that his suffering was very great.  

  Job’s friends were there for their friend in his loss … BEFORE they opened their mouths with their opinions.   

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Job 2:11-13  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Job’s friends came to sit with him in his loss, quietly sharing his grief. 

==============        


Reference Passage: … Psalm 34:18  [ESV] …  

18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.  

… When King David felt abandoned by the world, he knew that His God was always there for him.  


Reference Passage: … Matthew 11:28-30 [ESV] … 

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  

  Jesus is always there for us when we’re down and out. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 28:20 [ESV] … 

20 … And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” 

  Jesus’ promise to be with us … ALWAYS … 


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:6-7  [ESV] …  

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.   

… God, thru Peter, is always there for us when we’re willing to humble ourselves under His mighty hand of help.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Kirsten Holmberg, AT THIS LINK tells of a theme park employee sitting with a crying autistic boy (see photo) when he became disconsolate, … showing how we, as Christians, need to remember that our Lord is always there for us when we’re down and out. 


And the ODB author then reminded us of how Job’s three friends came to share with their friend at the outset of his grief and pain, simply sitting with Job to show their support (see highlight passage).  And that is a reflection of God always being there for us when we need Him to be with us or to use us to help someone else we see in trouble.  And often just being there, without offering words, is the best thing we can do; … because we know what happened when Job’s friends began to confuse Job with their opinions. 


I pray today that we all know that Jesus offers to be there for us ALWAYS when we need His caring assistance (see Reference Scriptures above).  And we can be His caring assist for someone today if we see them needing a lift or simply by just being there for them.  I pray we will if needed.   


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being there for me ALWAYS when I’m feeling down. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me today to be there for anyone we see in need of a caring assist.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: