Monday, December 21, 2020

Dec 21, 2020 … My "Wonderful Counselor”

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 356 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in images and song from The Martins singing … Heaven’s Child …  poignantly singing of how Mary and David knew that their first born was “Heaven’s Child” … and His name was to be “Jesus!”   



==============

Highlight Passage:   Isaiah 9:6 [ESV] ... 

  For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  

  God offers to lead us to His place of rest when we’re weary. 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Isaiah 9:2-7 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Isaiah prophesies some of the names which The Messiah would be called in His time ruling on the Throne of David FOREVER … 

==============           


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 7:14 [ESV] ... 

14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel.

  One of the names Isaiah prophesies for The Messiah … “Immanuel” … God with us !! 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 1:20-21 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  And angel appears to Joseph in a dream, telling him about Heaven’s Child … to be named “Jesus.”  


Reference Passage: … Luke 1:31 [ESV] ... 

31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus.  

  The Angel, Gabriel, proclaims the name Mary’s baby would be called. 


Reference Passage: … Acts 4:11-12 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  Peter declares before the Jewish religious leaders [and us as well] that there is no other name, than Jesus’ name, under whom salvation comes.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Dave Branon, AT THIS LINK relates the story of Mary and Joseph who knew exactly what their child, … Heaven’s Child as the Martins sing in the linked song, … would be called; … and that name was “JESUS.”  


And the ODB author goes on to challenge the ODB readers (one of whom was me), as to which of Jesus’ prophesied names (from Isaiah 9:6) would mean the most to us (me).  And my choice was “Wonderful Counselor,” because each day - as I am right now - I come to God’s word in the ODB entry and let God’s Spirit counsel me to begin my day.  God, therefore, becomes my “Wonderful Counselor” to begin each day which gives me God’s “GPS” to guide my life.  


Dear one, … which of those names … “Wonderfull Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, or Prince of Peace,” … means the most to you and why?  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being my “WONDERFUL COUNSELOR.”  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me today, to seek out an abiding relationship with the “Wonderful Counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, … AND … the Prince of peace.    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: