Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Dec 9, 2020 … We Get To Choose

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 344 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Kathryn Scott singing … I Have Decided to Follow Jesus …  purposefully singing of how we get to choose Whom to follow in life; but God wants us to choose His way. 


Our Choice !!! ... Which way to go?
 
==============

Highlight Passage:   Psalm 1: 1-2 [ESV] ... 

11 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers;  2  but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.

  The Psalmist makes it clear whom God blesses as we choose to trek thru life. 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 1:1-3  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s blesses those who make wise, Godly, choices … 

==============        


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6, 4:7 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  Solomon shows his son (and us) to follow God’s wisdom and His way, … not our own, … when we must choose the way to go in life. 


Reference Passage: … Colossians 2:8, 3:16 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  Paul taught fellow Christians to beware of the wisdom of the world but to choose to follow Godly wisdom thru God’s word. 


Reference Passage: … James: 1-5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru James, shows us that we can choose to find wisdom to walk in this world by going to God for our wisdom, … not being double minded and relying on the world’s ways. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Marvin Williams, AT THIS LINK tells of a young couple who chose bad advice and selfishly took advantage of a Bank’s mistake, leading to the couple being charged with fraud.  We get to choose the road we take in life, don’t we? 


If my readers have taken in and, agree with the Scriptures above, we realize that we get to choose the ways we go in life; and God, thru His word, clearly gives us the choice to follow His way or to listen to the world, or follow our own selfish ways.  And the latter choices, my fellow Christians, from the ODB example - or like me having made bad mistakes in my past - is why we need to choose to follow the perfect “GPS” that God has given us - i.e., His word - to seek out and follow Him in the ways we choose to go in this life.


Yes, my dear ones, WE GET TO CHOOSE; and that’s why you find me here, starting EVERY DAY, turning on God’s “GPS” (God’s Positioning System) by tuning in to God’s truth, which as the photo depicts, I’m choosing to use to follow God’s way … today … and tomorrow too.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your word so that I can follow You to glory. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me, to follow God’s perfect “GPS,” His word, so that we can choose to follow our Lord today - and tomorrow too!    … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: