Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Dec 22, 2020 … A REALLY Good Book

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 357 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...      Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from The Gettys singing … Speak O Lord …  poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, get closer to God thru His word than from any other source.   


Iceland's Christmas Eve "Book Flood" Tradition ... 


==============

Highlight Passage:   2Timothy 3:16-17 [ESV] ... 

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

  God’s word will change those who take it in. 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  2Timothy 3:14-17 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul teaches the truth about the power of God’s word to change us. 

==============           


Reference Passage: … Psalm 119:105 [ESV] ... 105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

  God’s word is His “GPS” to follow in life. 


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 55:11 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  God, thru Isaiah, promises that His word will never fail those who follow it. 


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 4:12 [ESV] ... 

12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

  The power of God’s word to change us from the inside out.  


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 1:22-23 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  Peter shows believers that we purify our lives thru obedience to God’s truth … thru God’s word.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Alyson Kieda, AT THIS LINK relates the Christmas tradition in Iceland called “The Christmas Book Flood,” {see photo} where the citizens of the country read a “good book” well into the night on Christmas Eve. 


Years ago I heard someone say, “We become like the people we associate with and the books we read;” and I think there is great truth in those words, … especially the latter phrase.  And when you read and mediate on the truths from God’s word above along with the poignant song from the Gettys, we should be shaken to to our core by the reality that God has given us His PERFECT “GPS” (i.e., “God’s Positioning System”) to guide us thru life; and that is in His perfect and powerful word.  


So, I would challenge us all to be into delving deeply into God’s word EVERY DAY, not just on Christmas eve like the Icelanders do in their annual “Book Flood.”  And that’s why you find me here EVERY DAY, journaling what God shares with me and how He leads me to follow Him for the rest of the day … AND … the rest of my life. 


How about you, my friend?  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your guidebook.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me today, to curl up, read, and then follow God’s truth.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: