Monday, December 07, 2020

Dec 7, 2020 … Desperate Prayer

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 342 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Mercy Me singing … Even If …  poignantly singing of how we can go to Jesus with our brokenness … anytime … anywhere. 


George Bailey's desperate prayer ... 
 

==============

Highlight Passage:   Psalm 109:26 [ESV] ... 

26   Help me, O Lord my God!  Save me according to your steadfast love! 

  David’s desperate prayer for God’s deliverance and mercy in time of need.  

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Psalm 109:21-27  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… When we obey God, we show our love for Him and overcome the temptations of the world. 

==============        


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:8-10 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  God’s promise - thru Isaiah - to His chosen ones, to lift them up in times of trial and burden. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 11:28-30 [ESV] … 

28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” 

  Jesus invites any and all who are burdened - or down and out - to come to Him for His strength. 


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 10:13 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  Paul knew that God would provide us with his empowering grace to handle any temptation, trial, or trouble in life.  


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9-10 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

  Paul had desperately had prayed for mercy and relief from Satan’s thorn; but then he remembered Jesus’ promise of God’s grace to give him the strength to endure.


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:13 [ESV] …  

13 I can do all things through Him Who strengthens me.   

  Paul teaches fellow Christians to trust God to give us the strength to endure troubled times. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, John Blasé, AT THIS LINK uses the prayer of the George Bailey character in the movie “It’s A Wonderful Life” (see photo) to illustrate how we can come to our God anytime we’re desperately down-and-out and plea for His strength to cover our weakness. 


And if any reader feels down-and-out in these challenging days, … as did the singer from Mercy Me in the linked song,  … God’s word is repetitively clear (see Scriptures above) that we can go to Him … anytime and anywhere … for His empowering grace in our times of weakness.  


George Bailey prayed,  “Dear Father in heaven, I’m not a praying man, but if you’re up there, and you can hear me, show me the way. I’m at the end of my rope.”   I think that’s a pretty good prayer for us right now in these viral times, don’tcha think?  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for inviting me to come to You when I’m feeling weak; … and Lord, I do! 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me, to take You up, Lord, on Your invitation to lift us up in these times of trouble and temptation.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: