Thursday, September 16, 2021

September 16, 2021 … Can I Get a Witness? …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 259 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Jordan Feliz singing … Witness … powerfully singing of how we, as Christ’s disciples on earth, must be a witness to His glory as often as we can. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Mark 5:19 [NLT] …  

19 But Jesus said, “No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been.” 

… Jesus charges the man eagled of demon possession to go and be His witness.              

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Mark 5:1-20 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  Jesus heals a demon-possessed man and charges him to go and tell others what the Lord had done for him.   

==============                                            


Reference Passage: … Psalm 66:16 [NLT] … 

16 Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me. 

… A Psalmist sings of being a witness to God’s mighty works in/thru him.  


Reference Passage: … Matthew 10:32 [NLT] … 

32 “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 

… Jesus’ grace for all who would - and do - acknowledge His glory and greatness to others.


Reference Passage: … Acts 1:8 [NLT] … 

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you.<b> And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere</b>—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” 

… Jesus’ commission to His disciples (and to us) to be His witnesses on earth when He left to reenter Heaven.     


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 3:15 [NLT] … 

15 Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it. 

… Peter exhorts fellow Christians to ALWAYS be ready to witness our worship of Christ to others who might question Him as LORD.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, James Banks, AT THIS LINK   … tells of the witness of Darryl Strawberry, a famous major league pitcher, whose addiction to drugs ended his all-star career in baseball; but it began his worship and witness for the Lord, where he has led many to saving faith and helped many drug addicts to walk free from their addition.  


And if my readers have taken in and agreed with the truth of the linked song and the Scriptures above, like the demon possessed witness of the highlight passage, all of us who claim to be disciples of Christ are charged and commissioned by Christ Himself (see Matt 10:32 and Acts 1:8) to be willing to be our Lord’s witness (as Peter called us to be in 1Pet 3:15).

How about it, dear one; are we ready and wiling to be a witness of worship for our Lord’s glory today? 

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your enabling/empowering grace to be a witness of how you took my messy life and have allowed me to be Your messenger - maybe even today.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to be ready and willing to be Your witness today.   … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: