Sunday, September 19, 2021

September 19, 2021 … Unbroken Faith …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 262 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Steven Curtis Chapman singing … His Strength Is Perfect … poignantly singing of how God promises His strength to lift us up when our strength is gone. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Jeremiah 1:8 [NLT] …  

And don’t be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the Lord, have spoken! 

God promises, thru Jeremiah, to ALWAYS be with His people, no matter what their [our] circumstances may be.                  

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …Jeremiah 1:4-10 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s promise to His people thru Jeremiah that He would be with them always … Also quoted by God in Hebrews 13:5.  

==============                                            


Reference Passage: … Deuteronomy 31:6 [NLT] … 

So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.

… God’s promise, thru Moses, to His people that He would never leave them, nor forsake them.       

Reference Passage: … Isaiah 41:10 [NLT] … 

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

… God’s remembered promise - thru Isaiah - that God will lift up His people when they become discouraged or weakened.  


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 12:9-10 [NLT] …USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul remembers Jesus’ promise to always be there to give us His strength when we are weak.   


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Mike Wittmer, AT THIS LINK   … uses the story of Louis Zamparini, told in the movie, Unbroken,  [see photo] where Louis and several fellow soldiers were captured and tortured by the Japanese and were finally set free at the end of WW2, where Zamparini ultimately became a Christian and realized, in recovery from post-war alcoholism, where the strength had come for him to hold on and have strength in the face of his human weakness.   


And certainly the Scriptures above, as well as Steven Curtis Chapman’s linked song, give witness to the empowering grace we get from God’s strength to cover our human weakness when we don’t feel strong enough to go on.  … So, I pray that all reading with me believe and recognize the power of our God, the Author of our faith, Who will be with us today - AND EVERY DAY - when we need His strength to lift us up when we feel down and out.     

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your strength to deal with the pain and weakness I’m experiencing right now.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to remember that our Lord’s strength is there to lift us up when we feel weakened.  … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: