Friday, September 24, 2021

September 24, 2021 … Joy - No Matter What! …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 267 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from a worship group singing … I’ve God the Joy Joy Joy Down In My Heart … joyfully singing of the joy we receive in our relationship with the God of all love and grace. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Philippians 4:8 [NLT] …  

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 

  Paul helping fellow Christians set our minds on the thoughts which produce joy in our lives.   

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Philippians 4:1-9 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… The Prophet Malachi prophesies what it will be like when mankind is set free from their captivity to sin.  

==============                                            


Reference Passage: … Psalms 16:11 [NLT] … 

11 You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasures of living with You forever . 

… King David sings of the eternal Joy God shows to him. 


Reference Passage: … Psalms 119:105 [NLT] … 

105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.

… God’s word is a ray of hope and joy to light up my dark days. 


Reference Passage: … John 15:11 [NLT] … 

11 I have told you these things so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow! 

… Jesus shows His disciples of the joy they can/will find in Him. 


Reference Passage: … John 16:22 [NLT] … 

22 So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy. 

… In the upper room, Jesus helps to dispel the despair of His disciples with His promise that He would come to them again after the Resurrection to give them hope and joy.   


Reference Passage: … Romans 15:13 [NLT] … 

13 I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.  

  Paull exhorts fellow Christians to rests in joy and hope we have in our relationship with Christ. . 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, John Blasé, AT THIS LINK  … writes of how, in the midst of the COVID crisis, the Friday night TV news always closed with a story to uplift the hope of viewers, … to provide a note of joy as the listeners went into the weekend.  


And in the midst of these dark days of worldwide pandemic and social ills, where do we Christians find our joy?  Well, … I don’t know about you, dear one; … but about the only place I can go to find real hope and joy these days is in my relationship with my King Jesus and the promises I find in the truth of His word.  That’s why you find me here each morning,… beginning my day by using the Light of God’s word to dispel the darkness in my mind.           

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me a ray of joy and light to light my path today. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to seek the joy and light that we find in Your truth, dear Lord. … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: