Friday, September 17, 2021

September 17, 2021 … Making A New Way …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 260 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Don Moen singing … God Will Make A Way … poignantly singing of how our God makes a way in the wilderness of life when there simply seems no way thru. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Isiah 43:18 [NLT] …  

18 I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

… God repeats His promise thru Isaiah to make a way to the promised land thru the wilderness they were in at the time.                 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …Isaiah 43:18-21 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  God promises His people, thru Isaiah, that He, the Lord, will one day make a new way thru the wilderness of their lives.   

==============                                            


Reference Passage: … Psalm 23:1-4 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK … 

… David writes of God being our Good Shepherd, leading us thru even the valley of the shadow of death.  


Reference Passage: … John 14:6 [NLT] … 

Jesus told [His disciples], “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. 

… Jesus tells His disciples [and us] that following His way is the only way to go.      


Reference Passage: … 2Corinthians 5:17 [NLT] … 

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 

… Paul shows fellow Christians that our faith in Christ makes all things new in our lives. 


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [NLT] … 

20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

… Paul shows fellow Christians that dying to self opens up a whole new life to follow Christ. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Patricia Raybon, AT THIS LINK   … related a story of a WW2 English Vicar who cleverly moved a fence to accommodate the burial of an American Soldier showing that there was a way to conceal the burial even when there didn’t seem to be a way. 


And often that’s the way it is with God, isn’t it?  We may have trouble seeing a way to go in life; but as Don Moen sings in the linked song, our Lord can - and often does - make a way - a new way - even when there seems to be no way.  And I pray to day that EVERYDAY we seek to follow HIS WAY thru the wilderness of this life, just as God promised and did so for those who believed in and now follow Him in faith.

Yes, dear one, our God will make a way where there seems to be no way.  

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your “GPS” - i.e., your word - to follow today to lead me to find Your way thru the wilderness. 

My Prayer Today: : Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to seek out and follow Your way today - and tomorrow. … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: