Wednesday, September 08, 2021

September 8, 2021 … Called To Serve …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 251 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in a song  and lyrics from Eric Tom singing … Here I Am, Lord … poignantly singing of how we, who are in Christ, are are called to serve our Lord; but will we answer His call by saying, “Send me, Lord!” 


Here I am ... send me !!! 


==============

Highlight Passage:  Isaiah 6:8 …  [NLT] …  

Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” … I said, “Here I am. Send me.” 

God’s calling of Isaiah to serve as a Prophet over Judah in turbulent times.                      

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Isaiah 6:1-8 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  Isaiah, feeling incapable, is cleansed and called by God to serve the Lord as a Prophet.   

==============                                        


Reference Passage: … Matthew 28:19-20 [NLT] … 

19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 

…Jesus’ calling and commission to ALL Christians, … His “great commission.”    


Reference Passage: … John 12:26 [NLT] … 

26 Anyone who wants to serve me must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me. 

…God’s promise to honor all who would come forth to His call of service to God’s kingdom.


Reference Passage: … Galatians 5:13 [NLT] … 

13 For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. 

… We’ve been called by God to use our freedom in Christ to serve others and thereby serve God. 


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 4:10 [NLT] … 

10 God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. 

… God gives us special gifts to be used to serve one another. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Francis Nell G. Jalando-on, AT THIS LINK  … writes of 19th century Swedish missionary, Eric Lund, who felt called to the mission field in Spain, which led to a further calling to serve in the Philippines, translating the Bible into the native language.  And his response to God’s calling also led to Lund co-founding a Phillipine mission station where many, many came to saving faith in Christ.  


Years ago i learned that God’s calling is His enablement.  And so, you and I may not be called to a foreign mission field; but most certainly we, as disciples of Christ, are ALL called to use our Spirit-imparted gifts to serve the Lord by serving others (see Scriptures above).  So, …  if by no other calling that Christ’s “great commission” (Matt. 29:19-20), all of us Christians, no matter who we are or what we can do - or not do - are called to “make disciples” and teach them join us all to serve God in some way for His glory. 

The question calls out from today’s ODB entry, … if we are truly born again, God is calling us to serve His kingdom; … BUT, …  are we responding with Isaiah’s response, … “Lord, here I am, send me?!”    

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for my calling and Your enabling grace to give me the power to serve You.       

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to respond to Your calling  with a loud “YES” to serve You today.   … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: