Sunday, September 26, 2021

September 26, 2021… Finding His Rest …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 269 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Kari Jobe singing … Be Still My Soul … poignantly singing of how we find our rest and peace by patiently waiting on God. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Matthew 11:8 [NLT] …  

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.…” 

  Jesus invites His followers to find rest and peace in Him.             

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Matthew 11:25-30 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus teaches His followers about finding rest in following Him. 

==============                                            


Reference Passage: … Psalm 37:7 [NLT] … 

Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for Him to act.   Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.. 

… King David sings of God’s advice to those who are anxious.  


Reference Passage: … Psalm 46:10 [NLT] … 

10 “Be still, and know that I am God!  I will be honored by every nation.  I will be honored throughout the world.” 

… God’s command, from a Psalmist, to be still and reverence our God … so as to find His peace.  


Reference Passage: … Isaiah 30:15 [NLT] … 

15  This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved.  In quietness and confidence is your strength.  But you would have none of it.. 

… God, thru the Prophet Isaiah, to His people on finding God’s way by resting in Him.  


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:6-7 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… God’s charge, thru Paul, on how to find rest and peace in Christ.   


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Elisa Morgan, AT THIS LINK  … wrote of a time when she was looking for advice on how avoid letting anxiety at night rob her of needed rest and sleep. 


And the author found several things to avoid, including digital devices and social media right before sleep. But the best advice the author got was from God Himself thru HIs word in the Scriptures above.  And if any reader here with me today has taken in the linked song by Kari Jobe and meditated on those Scriptures above, we’ll see that taking God up on His invitation to find our rest/peace in our solitude with the Lord is the best way for us to find God’s peace today.  So, … that’s my prayer for us all today.  

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for inviting me to set aside my worries and to let You help me carry my burdens today.   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to take You, Lord, up on Your invitation to rest in You today … and again tomorrow.  … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: