Monday, September 27, 2021

September 27, 2021 … Following God’s Priorities …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 270 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...     Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from Chris Rice singing … It Is Well With My Soul … poignantly singing of how, when we yield to God, … all is well !! 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Isaiah 40:28 [NLT] …  

28 Have you never heard?  Have you never understood? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth.  He never grows weak or weary.  No one can measure the depths of His understanding, 

  Isaiah proclaims God’s sovereignty and control over all.             

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context] : … Isaiah 40:21-28 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Isaiah proclaims God’s unlimited power and sovereignty … 

==============                                            


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [NLT] … USE THIS LINK  

… We must trust in God’s sovereignty to lead us thru all the stresses of this life.  


Reference Passage</u>: … 2Corinthians 12:9 [NLT] … 

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 

… Jesus declares to Paul (and to us) that His grace is sufficient for us to handle all we deal with in life.  


Reference Passage: … Hebrews 13:8 [NLT] … 

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

… We worship and follow a Lord, King Jesus, Who never changes.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Sheridan Voysey, AT THIS LINK  … writes of coming to the realization that her priorities and stresses (see photo) were dwarfed in comparison to the greatness of our God’s power and purposes in this life.  


Today, as we set our priorities and purposes, … i.e., our “To Do” lists … I pray we all stop and recognize that our God is in control … ALWAYS!!  And that our Lord, … King Jesus, … will never change; and … that as long as God’s priorities are our priorities … as Chris Rice sings in the linked song … all is well for us today.  

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … leading me toward Your priorities today.    

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to do all we can to seek and follow Your priorities, Lord, today and tomorrow.   … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: