Thursday, September 23, 2021

September 23, 2021 … Freedom Forever!! …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 266 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in a song and lyrics from The Bethel Singers singing … Freedom … powerfully singing of the freedom offered to anyone who surrenders to receive God’s saving grace. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Malachi 4:2 [NLT] …  

“But for you who fear my name, the Son of Righteousness will rise with healing in His wings. And you will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture. 

  We should leap for joy in being set free from the captivity of our sin by our faith in Messiah.    

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Malachi 4:1-3 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… The Prophet Malachi prophesies what it will be like when mankind is set free from their captivity to sin.  

==============                                            


Reference Passage: … Psalms 13:5, 35:9 [NLT] …  USE THIS LINK  

… King David sings with joy at the Lord having rescued him from death, … just as we should praise the Lord for having saved us.  


Reference Passage: … Luke 10:20b [NLT] … 

20 But … rejoice because your names are registered in heaven.”  

… Jesus commands His disciples to rejoice in the freedom from our salvation.      


Reference Passage: ... Philippians 4:4 [NLT] … 

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!  

  Paull exhorts fellow Christians to rejoice (ALWAYS) in the joy of our salvations.  


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 1:8-9 [NLT] … 

You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls. 

  Peter shows fellow believers that we must ALWAYS be thankful for the joy of our salvation. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Lisa M Samra, AT THIS LINK … telling of a cattle farmer who was moved to surrender for salvation from the message of today’s highlight passage (see Malachi 4:2) … with the image of calves frolicking in the freedom which comes from The Messiah setting mankind free from our sin, … the farmer being moved remembering how joyful his cattle were when they were set free from riding long distances in a cramped cattle truck (see photo).  


Fellow Christian, … do you remember the freedom which came from your past captivity to sin … when you truly were saved by God’s blood and your belief in what Jesus did to save you?   I do; … and I’ll praise God FOREVER for pursuing me with His saving grace and setting me free from my past captivity to my selfish sin nature.

So, if like the cattle farmer, you are - as I am - joyful today in remembering God saving us, … join me with a resounding "HALLELUJAH!" as you read this; and let’s go out and share that joy of freedom with someone today.          

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for setting me free from myself to languish in the joy of my salvation. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, …  to share the joy of freedom we feel today in You, Lord, setting us free from our self-imposed captivity.  … Amen 


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: