Thursday, March 12, 2020

March 12, 2020 … Which Way Today?

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 72 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Joy Williams singing Do They See Jesus In Me … OR … USING THIS LINK  to hear Frank Sinatra singing My Way … two powerful songs leading us to ask ourselves if others see us walking the way of our Lord or our own way.

Which Way Today?  

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Colossians 4:5 [ESV] ...  5 Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. 
… How will we use the time we’ve been given today … to walk His way or our own? 
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Colossians 4:2-6 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God, thru Paul, exhorts Christians to walk His way rather than taking the way of the world or our own.
==============

Reference Passage : … Luke 9:23 [ESV] … 23 And He said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. … “ 
… Jesus Himself calls us to deny our way and to follow Him.

Reference Passage : … Romans 12:2 [ESV] … 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. 
 … God, thru Paul’s exhortation, challenges Christians to avoid walking the ways of the world.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 4:1 [ESV] … 1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, … 
… Paul exhorts fellow Christians to walk in a manner worthy of our calling as disciples of Christ.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Adam Holz, relates a personal story of how he was challenged to ask himself if his use of God’s time was being wisely used for God’s glory. … The ODB author wrote: Ever caught a dragon? I hadn’t until my son convinced me to download a game on my phone. Producing a digital map mirroring the real world, the game allows you to catch colorful creatures near you. 
Unlike most mobile games, this one requires movement. Anywhere you go is part of the game’s playing field. The result? I’m doing a lot more walking! Anytime my son and I play, we strive to maximize every opportunity to nab the critters that pop up around us. 
It’s easy to focus on, even obsess over, a game that’s crafted to captivate users. But as I played the game, I was convicted with this question: Am I this intentional about maximizing the spiritual opportunities around me? 

Back in the day, a wise Christian mentor told me that the best way to see if I was walking as a disciple of Christ was to look at my calendar and my check stubs. These days that inventory would probably best be a digital audit of how we’re using our so called “smart phones.”

And in light of today’s ODB entry, the songs I’ve chosen, and the Scriptures above, I would hope that we’re asking ourselves if we’re using our time, talents, and treasures (i.e., what God has given us) for His glory or for our own purposes.

I’ll leave that self-inventory to my readers. However, I can tell you that I need to do more if others, like Joy Williams sings, see Jesus in the way I’m living; … where I avoid walking as Frank Sinatra sings … “MY WAY.”

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for showing me the way to go by following Your will and Your way from Your word.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to do all we can to walk the way our Lord leads us. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: