Monday, March 30, 2020

March 30, 2020 … Broken for Me

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 90 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing At the Cross … powerfully singing of the place where we can all go to be saved from ourselves, … born in sin, … but born-again in Christ !!

Blessed and Broken ... for me!! 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Matthew 26:26 [ESV] ...  26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it, broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 
… Jesus breaks and blesses the bread at His last supper before the cross.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Matthew 26:26-29 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… With His disciples in the upper room, Jesus, at His last supper, broke and blessed the bread and the wine to illustrate His body being broken and His blood shed for mankind.
==============

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:20-22 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, shows that the whole earth, … cursed by sin, … was released from its bondage and set free by the finished work of Christ on the cross.

Reference Passage : … 2 Corinthians 5:17 [ESV] … 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 
 … In and thru Christ’s blessed work on the cross, we, who believe in that work and repent of our sins, are blessed to become new, … transformed in Christ’s image.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 1:6 [ESV] … 6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 
 … The reality of whom we are becoming in our sanctified relationship with Christ, … transformed into His very image.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Glenn Parklam, used story of family identity to show how we are blessed by whom we are and whom we’re becoming in Christ. … The ODB author wrote: When our oldest child became a teenager, my wife and I gave her a journal that we’d been writing in since her birth. We’d recorded her likes and dislikes, quirks and memorable one-liners. At some point the entries became more like letters, describing what we see in her and how we see God at work in her. When we gave it to her on her thirteenth birthday, she was mesmerized. She’d been given the gift of knowing a crucial part of the origins of her identity. 

As Christians, like the young girl in the ODB story, we desire to know whom we are, having been blessed by the saving and sanctifying work of Christ on the cross. Because, it’s in Christ that we have a new, born-again, identity. He created us for His glory. He became a God-man and died on a cross to give us the opportunity to be saved from our sin nature. And when we repent of our sin and truly believe in His finished work, His blood and grace bless us with His salvation and sanctification.

I am becoming whom I was born to be in Christ (see reference scriptures above); and just as my Lord blessed the bread and wine, to illustrate what He was about to do on the cross, He has blessed me with His broken body and shed blood on that cross so that I can be blessed forever in my belief in His finished work for my salvation. I am becoming more like Christ every day because He was willing to die for me. And I pray that this is your blessing as well.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for Your brokenness on the cross and shed blood to save me and transform me into Your likeness.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to thank You, dear Jesus, for Your shed blood to save all who would believe in You for the saving grace You offer us. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: