Thursday, March 26, 2020

March 26, 2020 … Finding Freedom

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 86 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Zach Williams singing Chain Breakere … powerfully singing of how, when surrender our selves to the Savior, He will break us free from the chains of sin nature.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Luke 3:6 [ESV] ...  6  … and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.’” …   
… Isaiah had prophesied it; and Jesus would fulfill it to allow us to be saved from ourselves and find salvation in the Messiah.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Luke 3:1-6 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Luke shows that John the Baptist showed the way, from Isaiah’s prophesy, that the Messiah would come to see men free from our sin.
==============

Reference Passage : … Luke 4:18-21 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus, repeating Scripture from Isaiah 61:1-2, clearly declares that He was the One who would fulfill the prophesies of the Messiah coming to set us free from our sin.

Reference Passage : … John 8:34-37 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus shows His followers that HE is the only way they will ever find freedom from their [our] bondage to the slavery of sin.

Reference Passage : … Romans 10:9-13 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Paul, states the way - the only way - to find freedom from our sin and to see salvation come from Christ’s finished work on the cross.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 5:1 [ESV] … 1  For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. 
… God, thru Paul, declares where we find freedom from our bondage to sin.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Winn Collier, uses a story of a mother who would do anything to see her son free from gang violence … just as we should see freedom from the bondage of sin. … The ODB author wrote: At fifty-three, the last thing Sonia expected to do was abandon her business and her country to join a group of asylum seekers journeying to a new land. After gangs murdered her nephew and tried to force her seventeen-year-old son into their ranks, Sonia felt escape was her only option. “I pray to God. . . . I will do whatever is necessary,” Sonia explained. “I will do anything so [my son and I] don’t die of hunger. . . I prefer to see him suffer here than end up in a bag or canal.” 

It was April the 13th, 1983, when I surrendered my will to God’s will for me to see my freedom in Christ and to break free from my past shackles of sin. That’s what the mother in the ODB story desired for her son; and it’s what anyone can find if we’re willing to set aside our selfish pride and surrender to the saving grace which He, Jesus, will provide to set us free from our selves.

Oh, how I pray that all reading here have discovered the chain-breaking freedom, sung by Zach Williams in the linked song, and will declare with me that Jesus (see Scriptures above) came as our Messiah to save us from our bondage to sin has set us free by following Him.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for setting me free from myself to follow You to freedom.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to praise our Lord with a robust "HALLELUJAH [!!}” for setting us free from our selves. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: