Monday, March 16, 2020

March 16, 2020 … My Skills - His Glory

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 76 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and images from Gordon Mote singing Don’t Let Me Miss the Glory … poignantly singing of how we need to realize that all things were created by our God for His glory.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 139:13-14 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK …  13  For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother's womb. 14  I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well. 
… We must give the Lord praise for how He has made us for His glory.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 139:7-16 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… God created us with skills that He could use for His glory.
==============

Reference Passage : … John 17:9-10 [ESV] … 9 I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom You have given me, for they are Yours. 10 All mine are Yours, and Yours are mine, and I am glorified in them
… Jesus thanks His Father for giving Him those who’ve come to believe and serve Him for His glory.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 2:10 [ESV] … 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. 
… The Apostle Paul recognized that we are God’s workmanship, … created by Him … for His handiwork.

Reference Passage : … Colossians 1:16 [ESV] … 16 For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through Him and for Him
… ALL things were created BY Him and FOR Him.

Reference Passage : … Revelation 4:11 [ESV] … 11 “Worthy are You, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by Your will they existed and were created.” 
… One day all will praise the Lord in heaven Who created all things for His glory.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Bill Crowder, uses the skill of a very accomplished pianist and choir leader, … one who had great skills which were given to him by God to serve our Lord. … The ODB author wrote: The leader of our college singing group directed the group and accompanied us on the piano at the same time, skillfully balancing those responsibilities. [see photo] At the close of one concert, he looked particularly weary, so I asked him if he was okay. He responded, “I’ve never had to do that before.” Then he explained. “The piano was so out of tune that I had to play the whole concert in two different keys—my left hand playing in one key and my right hand in another!” I was blown away by the startling skill he displayed, and I was amazed at the One who creates humans to be capable of such things. 

Every day I try to find a song to help enhance and illustrate what my journaling might bring out of the ODB entry, all of which can help me - and other readers - grow to know our God more intimately. And the song today, arranged, sung, and played on the piano illustrates the meaning of the highlight passage and the reference scriptures very well. Because Gordon Mote, who sings that song was born blind and now writes music, sings, and plays skillfully at the piano for the glory of God. And hence, in the linked song, he plays/sings how he “sees” the world as created for God’s glory and him not wanting to miss that glory as he lives out each day.

I pray we realize that God knitted us in our mother’s womb [see highlight passage], giving us what He has given us, in terms of skills/abilities, so that we can glorify Him in the way we live our lives. And I pray we do just that today.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for created us to accompany your glory in this world … yes, even today.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to use what God has given us for His glory today. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: