Thursday, March 05, 2020

March 5, 2020 … Mine or His Way?

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 65 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song/lyrics from John Waller singing As For Me and My House … poignantly singing from Joshua 24:15 of how we, as Christians, need to see to follow God’s way.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Acts 16:10 [ESV] ... 10 And when Paul had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go on into Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them. 
… Paul was willing to yield to God’s Spirit leading him in directions different that those Paul had originally planned.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Acts 16:6-10 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… The story of God showing Paul where to go for His glory; and Paul’s willingness to follow. 
==============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… It’s okay to plan; but we need to realize that God’s way in life is always our best way.

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 19:21 [ESV] … 21  Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand. 
… We make make plans - and we should - but we need to realize that it’s God’s purpose and way we pursue.

Reference Passage : … Luke 9:23 [ESV] … 23 And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. …” 
… if we’re going to truly follow Christ, we have to be willing to deny our own way and choose to take up His cross daily to follow Him.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28 [ESV] … 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. 
… We who follow Christ must believe and know that God’s way is ALWAYS the best way for our lives.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Leslie Koh, wrote about the life plans of a young lady changing over time but her willingness to follow God’s way for her life. … The ODB author wrote: Jane’s plans to become a speech therapist ended when an internship revealed the job was too emotionally challenging for her. Then she was given the opportunity to write for a magazine. She’d never seen herself as an author, but years later she found herself advocating for needy families through her writing. “Looking back, I can see why God changed my plans,” she says. “He had a bigger plan for me.” 

Oh, how I identify with the highlight passage and the ODB story today. I went in so many educational and career directions back in the day when, as an atheist, I was seeking MY WAY thru life. But now I see that all the plans and directions I took ultimately led me, in a broken state, to surrender and follow Christ. Now my heart is to plan to follow my Lord (see photo) and seek to follow Him in all the decisions of my life.

Like John Waller Sings of Joshua’s decision, we too, as disciples of Christ, must be willing to seek God’s way in life and to serve Him … no matter where He may lead. So, let’s ask ourselves today: … Is it our heart to follow King Jesus or not? 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for showing me the way to go in life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to decide that our planning must yield to God’s way in life. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: