Monday, March 09, 2020

March 9, 2020 … God’s Watch Care

Berry Patch Devotions in 2019 - Day 69 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Selah singing the old hymn His Eye Is On the Sparrow … poignantly singing of how we, as followers of Christ, can trust that the Lord watches over us ALWAYS just as He does the birds of the air.

Alfred E Newman - Mad Magazine ... circa 1950s - 70s 

=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Psalm 121:7 [ESV] ...  7  The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life. … God’s watch care over our lives is His protection for those who love and follow Him. ==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Psalm 121:5-8 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… The Psalmist sings of God’s watch care over His children.
==============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… If we truly trust our Lord, we won’t worry.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 6:25-26 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK
… Jesus, in His Sermon on the Mount, teaches on leaving our worries to God.

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:28 [ESV] … 28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[a] for those who are called according to his purpose. 
… Why worry, when EVERYTHING in our lives is for our good and God’s glory.

Reference Passage : … 1 Peter 5:5-6 [ESV] … 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. 
… Why not just give all our anxieties to the Lord because of how much He cares for us. My 

Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Patricia Raybon, relates a personal story of her grandson’s trust which illustrates how we can trust the watch care of our Abba Father. … The ODB author wrote: Our little grandson waved goodbye, then turned back with a question. “Grandma, why do you stand on the porch and watch until we leave?” I smiled at him, finding his question “cute” because he’s so young. Seeing his concern, however, I tried to give a good answer. “Well, it’s a courtesy,” I told him. “If you’re my guest, watching until you leave shows I care.” He weighed my answer, but still looked perplexed. So, I told him the simple truth. “I watch,” I said, “because I love you. When I see your car drive away, I know you’re safely heading home.” He smiled, giving me a tender hug. Finally, he understood. 

When I was young, there was a satirical magazine published which featured a cover character named “Alfred E Newman” (see photo), who depicted an attitude which the magazine promoted with the buzz-phrase, “What, … Me worry?” And today’s ODB entry took my mind back to that catch phrase, which certainly emphasizes the attitude we Christians should have in life … EVERY DAY! Jesus preached about it in His Sermon on the Mount, didn’t He, when He taught that God certainly watched over the birds of the air. And, since we, His children, are loved more than they, wouldn’t He watch over us even more [see Matt 6:25-26]?

And hence, like the little grandson in the ODB illustration, who trusted his grandmother to watch over him, why wouldn’t we just trust in God, Whose eye, as the linked song sings, is ALWAYS on the sparrow? And if I believe in the truth of the Scriptures above, as I do (!), why wouldn’t I have Alfred E Newman’s attitude as I encounter the unknowns of today?

I pray we do!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being there to watch over us … ALWAYS!!
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to enter today knowing that our God is watching over us. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: