Tuesday, March 31, 2020

March 31, 2020 … Family Forever

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 91 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Avalon singing No Orphans of God … poignantly singing of our status as sons and daughters of the Son of God, … is sealed by our faith in Christ into the family of God forever.


=============
Highlight Verse[s]: Ephesians 1:5-6 [ESV] ...   In love 5 He predestined us for adoption to Himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will, 6 to the praise of His glorious grace, with which He has blessed us in the Beloved.  
… We have inherited - thru our faith in the finished work of our Lord on the cross - the right to be heirs of His Kingdom as part of the family of God.
==============
Highlight Passage [context]: Ephesians 1:3-14 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ...
… Paul assures fellow Christians of the blessings we receive when we become sealed into the family of God as joint heirs of King Jesus.
==============

Reference Passage : … Romans 8:38-39 [ESV] … 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 
 … Once we believe in the finished work of Christ in the cross; and we repent of our sins, …we are blessed to become joint heirs of King Jesus and part of the family of God FOREVER.

Reference Passage : … Ephesians 2:8-9 [ESV] … 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 
… Once we have repented of our sin nature and receive God’s Saving grace, offered to us by believing in the finished work of King Jesus on the cross, we are sealed forever into the family of God and nothing we can do can unseal that inheritance.

My Devotional Journal: Today's ODB author, Julie Schwab, used a story of family togetherness to illustrate the forever nature of our inheritance into God’s family. … The ODB author wrote: “Thanks for dinner, Dad,” I said as I set my napkin on the restaurant table. I was home on a break from college and, after being gone for a while, it felt strange to have my parents pay for me. “You’re welcome, Julie,” my dad replied, “but you don’t have to thank me for everything all the time. I know you’ve been off on your own, but you’re still my daughter and a part of the family.” I smiled. “Thanks, Dad.” 
In my family, I haven’t done anything to earn my parents’ love or what they do for me. But my dad’s comment reminds me that I haven’t done anything to deserve to be a part of God’s family either. 

And it’s like that in the family of God, isn’t it? Nothing we can do - or undo - can dissolve the family ties which we have, as joint heirs of King Jesus, … having been grafted into God’s family thru our faith in the finished work - and shed blood - of Jesus on the cross. And once we are part of God’s family, that’s a FOREVER sealed deal, isn’t it?

As the group Avalon so poignantly sings in the linked song, my dear fellow Christian, … “there are no orphans in the family of God.” And as the Apostle Paul purposed and declared in his letters to fellow persecuted Christians [see above scriptures], we can live with the assurance that NOTHING can separate us from God’s family and His love … and that our inheritance to the very throne of King Jesus is assured by His grace … FOREVER!

So, dear reader, … will you join me with a robust ”HALLELUJAH !!” in thankfulness that we are now sons and daughters of the King; and will join Him on His throne in glory?!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for allowing our faith to seal us into Your family forever.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me to say “HALLELUJAH” and praise our Lord for giving us the way be heres to His throne and a part of His family forever. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: