Friday, July 17, 2020

July 17, 2020 … Following His Light

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 199 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in images, song and lyrics from Chris Tomlin singing … Light of the World … poignantly singing of how Christ lights up our life in the darkness of these days.

Fireflies lighting up the darkness ... 

=============
Highlight Passage : … Psalm 18:28 [ESV] ...  28  For it is You Who light my lamp; the Lord my God lightens my darkness. 
… David sings of God being the One Who is his light in the darkness of life.
==============
Highlight Passage [context] : … Psalm 18:28-36, 46-49 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… King David recognizes and praises God for being his light in darkness and his strength when he needed God’s power.
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… No matter what our circumstances we must trust that God will show the way.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 41:10 [ESV] ... 10  fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, that His strength will lift us up when we’re down.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 11:28-30 [ESV] ...  28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
… Jesus Himself invites His disciples to let Him be our yoke of strength when we feel weakened.

Reference Passage : … John 8:12 [ESV] ...  12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” 
… Promises His disciples that if they follow Him, that He would light their path.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 12:9-11 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… Paul learned from Jesus that God’s grace will lift us up when we feel weakened and need God’s strength.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon, AT THIS LINK  uses the imagery of fireflies lighting up the dark to illustrate how our God becomes our light in the darkness of this world.

And certainly we need the “Light of the World” (hear Chris Tomlin’s song) in these very dark times, don’t we? And we also need the empowering strength of our God to lift us up in our weakened condition (see reference scriptures).

So I’m praying today that we all take Christ’s invitation (see Matt. 11 and John 8 above); and let Him lift us up and light our path in these dark times. And as Paul discovered from Christ [see 2Cor. 12:9-11), we need to let our Lord give us His strength in these days when we’re so weak. 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for lighting my way in the darkness of this world.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to look for Christ’s light to show us His way in our darkness and His grace to lift us up in our weakness. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: