Sunday, July 19, 2020

July 19, 2020 … Close To My Heart

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 201 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Keith and Krystin Getty singing … Speak O Lord … poignantly singing a prayer to have God plant His truth deep in our hearts from His Holy Word.

God's truth held close to the heart ... 

=============
Highlight Passage : … Deuteronomy 6:6 [ESV] ... 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.  
… God’s word should be held close to our hearts/minds … ALWAYS!!
==============
Highlight Passage [context] : … Deuteronomy 6:1-9 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… God commanded that His word be obeyed … ALWAYS!!
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 19:14, 139:23-24 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… Every morning these are the words of God that I pray to Him, pleading that He would order my life according to His truth and His will.

Reference Passage : … Psalm 119:1-16 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… The Psalmist sings of his love for and the power of God’s word.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 55:11 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… When God’s truth from His word goes forth it will ALWAYS accomplish God’s purpose and His power.

Reference Passage : … 2Timothy 3:16-17 [ESV] ...  16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work. 
 … The Apostle shows all that God’s word has transforming power to give us God’s power to order our lives according to God’s will and His ways.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Alyson Kieda, AT THIS LINK  uses a story to illustrate a father teaching his son the value of declaring truth with his mouth to help order how the son thinks about his school work.

And that process is much like I was taught by a Godly Christian mentor over twenty years ago; … and that is to begin each day, praying God’s truth back to the Lord from Psalms 19:14 and 139:23-24 (see link above). And that is a practice I still carry out each morning when I wake up … before my feet hit the floor to begin my day. And it works because of the power of God’s promise about His word (see the remaining scriptures above).

My fellow Christians; … God’s word is literally the power of our Lord to give us the way to live our lives … for HIS purposes and HIS glory. And when we hold it close to our hearts (see photo) and live by its precepts, we will be following God’s will and His ways … ALWAYS !!!

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your word to be my “GPS” for life.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to meditate on and live by God’s truth daily. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: