Wednesday, July 22, 2020

July 22, 2020 … Made Over By Grace

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 204 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Laura Story singing … Grace Abounds … poignantly singing of how God’s grace is ALWAYS there to allow for the redemption of our brokenness thru our faith and repentance thru Christ’s shed blood on the cross.

Japanese Kintsugi restoration art form ... 

=============
Highlight Passage : … Isaiah 44:22 [ESV] ... 22  I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud; and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you. 
… And now it’s true! It is finished!! My sins are redeemed thru my faith in Christ’s finished work on the cross as the Lamb of God.
==============
Highlight Passage [context] : … Isaiah 44:21-23 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… God, thru Isaiah’s prophesy, tells of His redeeming grace when the Messiah comes for His people. 
=============

Reference Passage : … John 3:16 [ESV] ... 16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. …” 
… Jesus describes what God, the Father, was willing to do to redeem mankind thru His love and sacrifice.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 5:17 [ESV] ... 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 
… God’s amazing grace has made me into a new creature.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 2:20 [ESV] ... 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 
… When I repented and believed in Christ’s amazing/saving grace, I now live a new and redeemed life.

Reference Passage : … Philippians 1:6 [ESV] ... 6 And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 
 … In my life, redeemed by Gods’ amazing saving/sanctifying grace, I am being made over into Christ’s image.

Reference Passage : … 1John 1:9 [ESV] ... 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 
… And tho we still deal with our sin nature; all we need to do is submit our sins to God in humble confession and allow Him to redeem the brokenness into the newness of His image.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Winn Collier, AT THIS LINK  uses the modern “Alexa” technology with its “erase all” command to illustrate how God gives us, as born-again Christians, the right, and ability, to let His saving/sanctifying grace erase our past and have the hope of newness in Christ as our eternal future.

Personally, I prefer the imagery of the Japanese art form of KINTSUGI (see photo) where the artist takes broken pottery and redeems it with healing gold seams to make it into beautiful - and useful - pieces of art. However, … really, … both the ODB image and that of Kintsugi show what God does for me - or you - with His amazing and redeeming grace.

As the scriptures above indicate, … we have to be willing to humble ourselves before God’s throne of grace and repent of our sins, with confession, to be healed, redeemed, and transformed into God’s art form of cleansing and redemption. I pray all reading here are experiencing that wonderful Phil 1:6 make-over, which will be completed for the Lord’s glory in heaven.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for making me over with Your grace into the likeness of our Lord.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to humble ourselves and claim our redemption and transformation which is ours in Christ. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: