Tuesday, July 28, 2020

July 28, 2020 … Power In My Story

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 210 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Big Daddy Weave singing … My Story … powerfully singing of how others are changed and healed when we’re willing to share our story of grace.


=============
Highlight Passage : … 2Timothy 1:12 [ESV] ... 12  …  But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that He is able to guard until that day what has been entrusted to me. 
 … The Apostle’s unashamed and condiment witness in the power of his Lord.
==============
Highlight Passage [context] : … 2Timothy 1:6-12 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… Paul gives witness to the power of a humble testimony.
=============

Reference Passage : … Psalm 9:1 [ESV] ... 1  I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. 
 … King David, driven to sing of God’s wonderful deeds.

Reference Passage : … Luke 8:38-39 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… Jesus commanded to the man He had healed of demons to go and testify to what God had done for him.

Reference Passage : … Acts 1:8 [ESV] ... 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” 
 … All Christians are commanded to give witness to/for Christ with our testimony.

Reference Passage : … Galations 2:20 [ESV] ... 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.   
 … Paul shares a testimony all Christians can - and should - share with others.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Amy Boucher Pye, AT THIS LINK  relates a story of a Christian couple who shared their testimony of pain and loss as the husband went thru the stages of terminal cancer, even unto death, and the myriads of people who were lifted up and helped by their testimony.

Sometimes, in our moments of pain or anguish, I think it’s easy to lose sight of how we can help others with the power of our testimony. And that is what is shared in today’s ODB entry, the linked song, and the Scriptures above.

And I pray today that, if given the opportunity (as we pray for God to do so), we’ll be willing to humbly share our life story of transformation and help by God’s Spirit with others. Because if we do, … God will infuse the power of His healing/enabling grace into our story.

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me a story of Your saving/healing grace to share with others.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to pray that God will give us the opportunity to share our story with others. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: