Saturday, July 18, 2020

July 18, 2020 … Seeking More of His Light

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 200 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Maranatha Music, singing the old hymn … Great Is Thy Faithfulness … poignantly singing their praise to God for His faithful mercies which are new every morning.


=============
Highlight Passage : … Lamentations 3:22-23 [ESV] ...  22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; 23 they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
… Tho his life was dampened, the weeping Prophet held out hope for God’s mercies to come thru in the end.
==============
Highlight Passage [context] : … Lamentations 3:13-24 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… Jeremiah’s lust for life had been wiped out by the defeat and enslavement of God’s people by Babylon; but his hope holds out for God’s promises and His faithful mercies.
=============

Reference Passage : … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… No matter the darkness of our path, Christ can light the way.

Reference Passage : … Isaiah 40:31, 41:10, 43:2 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… God repeats His promises thrice, thru Isaiah, to give us hope and strength in very dark times.

Reference Passage : … Matthew 11:28-30 [ESV] ...  28 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
… Jesus Himself invites His disciples to give us His strength in our toughest trials.

Reference Passage : … John 8:12 [ESV] ...  12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” 
… Christ's promise of His light is our way out of the darkness in the world.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Dave Branon, AT THIS LINK  shows how a Christian can glean hope from looking to God’s faithfulness, … even in the darkest times or life’s most dire circumstances.

Jeremiah certainly lamented of his life in the highlight passage; but he found hope in resting on the faithful promises of God’s mercies ahead in life. Isaiah prophesied over and over (see passages from Is. 40, 41, 43 above) that God’s strength will be there for us when we need it. And no less than King Jesus Himself (in John 8:12) promises to shine His light on our path to allow us to follow Him in our darkest times (see also Prov. 3:5-6).

But are we willing to seek His light and trust in God’s promises; or will we wallow in our self pity as we deal with the darkness where we find ourselves today? … As born-again Christians, we have the choice. Personally, I see the Light of Christ today; … how about you?

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me the light of Your hope today.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to seek and walk in the Light of Christ today. Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: