Thursday, July 23, 2020

July 23, 2020 … Hope In His Light

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 205 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from David Crowder and Tauren Wells singing … All My Hope … poignantly singing of how we have all our eternal hope in the blood of Christ and His mercy/grace to save us from our own sinfulness.


=============
Highlight Passage : … Ephesians 2:13 [ESV] ... 13 But now in Christ Jesus you, who once were far off, have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 
… Paul, to fellow Christians, explains how even Gentiles, once lost in their sin, can find hope in the mercy/hope of Christ’s sacrifice.
==============
Highlight Passage [context] : … Ephesians 2:1-5, 11-13 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK
… Paul exclaims the truth of how Gentiles, who were once lost can find eternal hope in the shed blood of Christ.
=============

Reference Passage : … John 3:16 [ESV] ... 16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. …” 
… Jesus describes what God, the Father, was willing to do to redeem mankind thru His love and sacrifice.

Reference Passage : … 2Corinthians 5:17 [ESV] ... 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 
… God’s amazing grace has made me into a new creature.

Reference Passage : … Galatians 2:20 [ESV] ... 20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 
… When I repented and believed in Christ’s amazing/saving grace, I now live a new and redeemed life.

Reference Passage : … 1John 1:9 [ESV] ... 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 
… And tho we still deal with our sin nature; all we need to do is submit our sins to God in humble confession and allow Him to redeem the brokenness into the newness of His image.

My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Tim Gustafson, AT THIS LINK relates the story of a WW2 spy, who was suicidal and swimming to his death. However, looking back at the lights of the shoreline (see photo) Malcolm Muggeridge realized that he had hope - and life - in his relationship with Christ.

And I, for one, identify with the desperate spy’s story. Not that I was ever suicidal; but I too was once in a place of desperation and weakness, and found all my hope being in the finished work of Christ … just as Crowder and Wells sing in the linked song.

And I pray that all reading here have experienced the reality of that song and found truth in the Scriptures above, most of which I repeat from my blog yesterday morning. My friends, all of us, who are born-again in Christ, were once enemies of God, … completely lost in our own sin. But now we, who know Christ as our Lord/Savior, have been saved from ourselves and now live with and for Christ … FOREVER.

Can I sense a robust “PTL” … and a loud “Hallelujah!!” 

=============
My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for the eternal hope I have in my surrendered relationship with You.
=============

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me, to declare our praises to the One Who died that we might pursue the Light of Christ for eternity. … Amen

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.</ span>

No comments: