Thursday, October 01, 2020

Oct 1, 2020 … Christ In Me

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020</u> - Day 275 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the group Rend Collective singing … Christ Lives In Me … poignantly singing of how we Christians need to live out our lives to reflect Christ living in/thru us. 


Does Christ live in and thru me? 

==============

Highlight Passage:  Colossians 1:27  [ESV] ... 

27 To them [i.e. born-again believers] God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.  

    God mysteriously opens up His saving grace to ALL believers willing to surrender our lives to the Lord in faith.  

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Colossians 1:24-27 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul teaches fellow Christians about the mystery of being filled with God’s Spirit when we’re born again. 

=============

           

Reference Passage: …  John 15:4-5  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Jesus shows His disciples what happens - as to our fruitfulness - when we truly abide in Christ.  


Reference Passage: …  2Corinthians 5:17, 13:5  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… We need to examine ourselves and see if we’re truly fully surrendered, born-again, faithful Christians.    


Reference Passage: …  Galatians 2:20 [ESV] …   

20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. 

… What mysteriously happens when we surrender our lives to God’s glory by believing on Christ as our Lord and Savior. 


Reference Passage: …  1John 2:6 [ESV] …   

whoever says he abides in Him ought to walk in the same way in which He walked. 

… The question is … DO WE?  


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Amy Boucher Pye, AT THIS LINK  tells of a young woman’s life which was radically changed when she completely gave her life to Christ. 


And really we all need to examine our lives - i.e., our faith [see 2Cor 13:5 and 1John 2:6] - to see if we’re truly living the surrendered - born-again - lives which Paul wrote about to those who claimed Christ as Lord/Savior (see Gal 2:20 and the highlight passage).  

So, let’s ask ourselves if our lives really reflect the fruitfulness of Christ living in us; and also asking what we can do to let Him shine thru our lives more by abiding in Him more intimately (see John 15:4-5). 

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for living in and thru me when I abide in You.   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to abide in our Lord more intimately than ever before so that we can reflect Him more clearly for all the world to see in the way we live.  .… Amen


======================

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: