Sunday, October 18, 2020

Oct 18, 2020 … Quietly Listening

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 292 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in images, song, and lyrics from Twila Paris singing … I Will Listen … poignantly singing of how we, as Christians, must choose to do whatever it takes to listen for God’s voice. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Isaiah 55:6 [ESV] ... 

“Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon him while He is near; … </i>

  God calls for us to seek and listen for Him … 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Isaiah 55:1-6 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Isaiah, charges believers to seek and listen for Him always. 

==============  


Reference Passage: …   Proverbs 2:1-5 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  God, thru Solomon, calls for all believers to search for and listen for Him always to be able to find His wisdom. 


Reference Passage: …   John 10:27-28 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

  Jesus declares that those who humbly and obediently seek after Him will be able to hear His voice.  


Reference Passage: …  Romans 10:17 [ESV] …  

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

… The Apostle Paul taught that our faith is more tuned into His Spirit when we’re listening for him thru His word. 


Reference Passage: …  Revelation 3:20 [ESV] … 

<i>  20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. </i>

… Jesus promises to be there, calling for us to let Him in to fellowship with us. 


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, James Banks, AT THIS LINK  uses a description of the National Radio Quiet Zone [see photo], where the government has established a zone of quiet in the country, restricting the use of radio devices, to allow radio telescopes in that area to more effectively hear radio signals from space.  


And the ODB author uses this “Quiet Zone” to illustrate how we, as Christians, need to have our own “quiet zones” in our lives to more effectively listen for God, … Who so desires to commune with us daily (see Rev. 3:20).  And God’s word repetitively tells us [see Scriptures above]</b> that our Lord so desires for us to seek Him and humbly listen for Him. 


And that’s why I have established the “Berry Patch Quiet Zone,” where I am here in my quiet place everyday - the first thing every morning - obediently seeking to hear my God thru prayer and diligently being in His word.  And EVERYDAY He sends me His “radio signals,” … thru His word, … to help me grow closer to Him and to share His truth with others.  


I pray that all reading here have their own “quiet zones,” where you can shut out the cacophony of the world and listen quietly for our God speaking thru His word.     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for being there - ALWAYS - to hear me everyday in my “quiet zone” of prayer and as I listen for the “signals” You send me from Your word. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me to listen to Twila Paris singing about God’s call for us, as His disciples, to listen for His voice, … calling out thru His word to guide us thru life.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: