Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Oct 13, 2020 … “He Holds Me”

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 287 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from a worship group singing … He’s Got the Whole World In His Hands … poignantly leading worship and singing that we are all in God’s hands ... ALWAYS!! 


World's Oldest Man at 114

==============

Highlight Passage:  Isaiah 41:10 [ESV] ...

10  … fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

  God promises His people that He would ALWAYS be there to lift them up.   

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Isaiah 41:1-10 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK … 

… God promises His people (and that’s us too) that in the last days He will lift us up. 

============= 


Reference Passage: …  Matthew 28:20b [ESV] …  

20   And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” 

… Jesus, at His ascension into heaven, promised His born-again disciples to never leave us or forsake us.     


Reference Passage: …  1Corinthians 10:13 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Paul, promises to ALWAYS provide us with the way - HIS WAY - to go when we’re tried or tempted. 


Reference Passage: …  2Corinthians 12:9 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Paul, promises to be there with HIS empowering grace when we’re feeling weak. 


Reference Passage: …  Philippians 4:13 [ESV] …  

13  I can do all things through Him Who strengthens me.  

… The Apostle Paul shows that he, like all Christians, has God’s strength at ALL TIMES in his life. 


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Amy Boucher Pye, AT THIS LINK  uses a story about the oldest man, Fredie Blom at 114 (see photo) who, when asked the secret of his old age, answered, …  There’s only one thing, it’s [God]. He’s got all the power . . . . He holds me.” 


And I think Fredie has it right, don’t you?  … Everyday … in every circumstance …  when I’m feeling tempted, tried, or too weak to handle life’s circumstances, I go to the truth of all the Scriptures I’ve cited above, … praying them, from memory, back to the all powerful God Who gave them to me in His word.  


And when I pray them back to my God, He gives me HIS STRENGTH to lift me up, … knowing, as the old linked song declares, … "He’s got the whole world in His hands!" 

 

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for giving me Your strength when I’m feeling too weak. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me to keep on keeping on; … because our God is always there to lift us up. … Amen


=============

Blogger Note Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK  on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: