Friday, October 02, 2020

Oct 2, 2020 … Held Securely

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 276 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...     Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Fernando Ortega singing … The Good Shepherd … poignantly singing of how Jesus is our Good Shepherd, holding and protective all Whom the Father brings into His flock. 


He's my "Good Shepherd" ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  John 10:27-28  [ESV] ... 

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 

    Jesus’ promise that He will hold onto His beloved, as the protective Good Shepherd watches over His flock. 

=============  

<b><u>Highlight Passage [Context] </u>: …   John 10:22-30 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK … </b>

… Jesus shows His followers that He is their “Good Shepherd.”

=============

           

Reference Passage: …  Matthew 18:12-14  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Jesus, our Good Shepherd, will go after any in His flock who go astray.  


Reference Passage: …  John 5:24 [ESV] …   

24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes Him Who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. 

… Jesus’s promise of ETERNAL life for anyone who really believes in Him. 


Reference Passage: …  Romans 8:38-39 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… The Apostle Paul understood and taught that NOTHING can separate the born-again believer from the love of God.  


Reference Passage: …  1John 5:13 [ESV] …   

13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have ETERNAL life.   

… The Apostle John documents that God protects the eternal life of those who believe in Jesus as The Christ.  


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Marvin Williams, AT THIS LINK  tells the story of a young man who saved a man from jumping to his death from a NYC bridge; … by holding onto him until officials came to secure the scene, … illustrating how our Savior, Jesus, as our Good Shepherd [see photo], watches over and protects the lives of those whom His Father God sends Him.  


Jesus said it, as our Good Shepherd (see highlight passage), the Apostles John and Paul (see scriptures above) wrote of our ETERNAL life being just that … ETERNAL!  

And the question is - i.e., for all of us who claim Jesus as our Lord/Savior, … do we see and really believe that Jesus is our “Good Shepherd?”   I pray we do; … because it’s true.  Our Lord, truly is the Shepherd who watches over and protects His flock … FOREVER!! 

My THANKFULNESS:... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for holding onto and watching over me when I tend to wander.     

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to recognize that Jesus will pursue any of His flock who wander and then to watch over us FOREVER.  .… Amen


====================

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: