Monday, October 05, 2020

Oct 5, 2020 … Into HIs Image

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 279 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...     Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Shannon Wexelberg singing … Change Me … poignantly singing of our prayer, as Christians, to have God’s Spirit change us into our Lord’s image. 


Whom do you want to be when you grow up?


==============

Highlight Passage:  Philippians 1:6  [ESV] ... 

And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 

    Paul’s confidence that ANYONE who is truly born-again in Christ will be transformed into His image. 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …   Philippians 1:3-11 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul praying for beloved fellow Christians to be transformed into the image of our Lord. 

=============

           

Reference Passage: …  Psalm 139:23-24 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… David’s prayer, which should be ours, that all wickedness be purged from us as believers.  


Reference Passage: …  2Corinthians 3:18, 5:17 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Paul’s confidence that all Christians are transformed and made new in Christ’s images.  


Reference Passage: …  Galatians 2:20 [ESV] …   

20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

… Saved by Christ’s blood, He lives in us; and we are transformed by our faith in Him.    


Reference Passage: …  Ephesians 4:18 [ESV] …  

18 They are darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, due to their hardness of heart. 

… Paul teaches that we become blinded from the truth when we try to see the world thru our own ignorant and blinded eyes. 


Reference Passage</u>: …  1John 3:2-3 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… John, proclaiming God’s truth, that when we see Christ in heaven we will be transformed into one like Him.  


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Glenn Packiam, AT THIS LINK -  -  writes of how we may have dreams of becoming something in childhood [see photo], but we usually become something entirely different in adulthood.  And then the author compares that transformation of image into the reality of how God transforms born-again believers into the likeness of Christ as we live and prepare for eternity with Him. 


And when I think of what I once was in my past unbelieving, atheist, years, I’m now so grateful for the truth of the Scriptures above … that in Christ, He, thru His Spirit, is making me over into my Lord’s image; and that my prayer every morning from Ps 139:23-24 can - and will - be realized as I pray what the linked song sings … for my Lord to “Change Me.” 

So, let’s all pray that we are transformed into Christ’s image as we live out our lives in preparation for our day in eternity.  

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for transforming me into Your image.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to praise our God for making us over into His image. … Amen


=======================

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: