Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Oct 6, 2020 … A New Me

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 280 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...    Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from group Mercy Me singing … I Can Only Imagine … poignantly singing of imagining what it will be like to be with Jesus in glory. 


Comforting a friend in hospice ... 

==============

Highlight Passage:  1Corinthians 15:22 [ESV] ... 

22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.  

    In Christ we will be made alive FOREVER. 

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context] : …   1 Corinthians 15 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul give us a glimpse of what it will be like when we are completed and made new in heaven. 

============= 


Reference Passage: …  John 14:1-4 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… Jesus promises to come again and take all who believe in Him to be with Him … forever in glory.


Reference Passage: …  1Thessalonians 4:13-18 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… All in Christ will be taken to be with Him in heaven.  


Reference Passage: …  1John 3:2-3 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK  

… John, proclaiming God’s truth, that when we see Christ in heaven we will be transformed into one like Him.  


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Jennifer Benson Schuldt, AT THIS LINK  tells about what it was like to comfort a friend in hospice [see photo] by reading from 1Corinthians 15  of the wondrous reality in the newness we’ll experience in heaven.  


And that image and story meant a lot to me as I remembered visiting my father when he suffered so much in a nursing-care facility shortly before going to be with Jesus.  Every time I came to see him, he would ask me to read to him from 1Cor. 15 … about the new body he was going to have in heaven. In those days, my dad had many maladies which were painful and had taken away much of the physical joys of life; and he wanted to hear about the newness he would experience when he was with Jesus. 

And I think all of us could - and should - use our imagination, as Mercy Me sings in the linked song, to give us at least a little joy when we remember the truth of what it will be like when we’re with our resurrected King, Jesus.  

So, I pray we all stop today  - here for a moment - and set aside our stresses and anxieties with the reality of our hope in Christ, and try to see … with our mind’s eye … what it will be like in glory.    

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for what lies ahead when I’m with You in heaven.   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray, Lord, that all reading here will join me today, to just stop for moment and try to imagine what it’s going to be like in glory.  Oh, hallelujah!!  … Amen


========================

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: