Monday, October 26, 2020

Oct 26, 2020 … Even Now Praising God

Berry Patch Devotions in 2020 - Day 300 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...       Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Gateway Worship singing … New Doxology … powerfully singing of how we must praise God no matter what our circumstances.


Easy to praise God here ... but what about now?!! 


==============

Highlight Passage:  Psalm 148:13 [ESV] ... 

13  Let them praise the name of the Lord, for His name alone is exalted; His majesty is above earth and heaven.

  God is worthy of our praise … 

=============  

<b><u>Highlight Passage [Context] </u>: …  Psalm 148 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … </b>

… The Psalmist praises the Name of the Lord … 

==============    


Reference Passage: …  Psalm 150:1-6 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  (v 6) … “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!” 


Reference Passage: …   John 16:33 [ESV] … 

33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” 

  Jesus, on His way to the cross, told His Disciples that no matter what they [we] encounter in the world, … He (Jesus) had overcome the world; … which is way worthy of our praise!! 


Reference Passage: …  Hebrews 13:8, 15 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

  Because Jesus is unchangeable, He is worthy of our praise … ALWAYS.  


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon, AT THIS LINK relates a story of a couple encountering a vendor on a quiet beach who led the couple to share in prayer and praise God out there on the beach together.  


And I don’t know about you, … fellow Christian …, but my wife and I find it very easy to praise God when we’re sharing a sunset together on almost any beach [see photo].  But in these viral days where so much fear and terror engulf the world, it is much more difficult to feel and express our praises to God.  


But that’s why Jesus died for us, isn’t it?  It’s why God, the Father and His Spirit raised our Lord from the grave!  … And it’s why Jesus dispatched His Spirit to remind all Christians that our Lord is worthy of praise … ALWAYS … (see Scriptures above).  


So, in these serious times, … even as I write this …, I imagine I’m out on one of those beaches with my wife, as in the photo, praising my Lord Who has overcome the world. 

 

My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh Abba Father, ... thank You, Lord, … for defeating death and the world so that we, who love You, can praise You ALWAYS.   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... I pray that all reading here will join me to share a robust “HALLELUJAH”, in praising our Lord in the midst of all these fearful times.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: