Tuesday, June 01, 2021

June 1, 2021 ... Delayed Grace ...

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 152 

Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ... Please take the time to take in song and lyrics Kari Jobe singing ... Oh the Power ... poignantly singing of how we, as disciples of Christ, experience the power of the cross in our lives, showing us that God is always in control. 



==============

Highlight Passage : Psalm 13:5 [ESV] ... 

 But I have trusted in your steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 

... The Psalmist sings of his trust in the God Who saves. 

=============

Highlight Passage [Context]: ...  Psalm 13 [ESV] ... USE THIS LINK ... 

... God shows that His justice and mercy may be delayed; but we, as God’s faithful, can ALWAYS depend on His caring grace. 

==============


Reference Passage: ... Proverbs 3: 5-6 [ESV] ... 

5 Trust in the Lord with ALL YOUR HEART and lean not on your own understanding.  6 In ALL YOUR WAYS acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.   ... God calls on us to trust Him ... no matter what !! 


Reference Passage: ... Isaiah 41:10 [ESV] ... 

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

... God, thru the Prophet, Isaiah, promises to uphold us even in times of weakness or stress. 


Reference Passage: ... Romans 8:38-39 [ESV] ...

38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

... God, thru Paul shows us that NOTHING can separate a born-again Christian from God’s love and grace. 


Reference Passage: ... Philippians 4:6-7 [ESV] ... 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

... God, If we are in Christ, we have no reason to worry or question God’s motives in any set of circumstances. 


My Devotional Journal: Today's Our Daily Bread author, James Banks AT THIS LINK ...  uses the infamous Chicago fire and the legend of how a cow kicked over a lantern to start the fire, which years later, upon investigation turned out to be a falsehood.   The story illustrating how justice in our world is often delayed. 


And fairly often we may even question the way God deals with the stresses and trials we have to deal with in life.  But as the linked song declares and God’s word (above) supports, we can ALWAYS know that God’s love, grace, mercy, and peace are ours in Christ. 


And I pray that all reading with me here have the kind of faith to trust that God’s plan, even when things don’t seem fair or just, will ALWAYS be best for us [look up Romans 8:28 on your own if you don’t know it !!].  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, ... for always having my best in Your caring hands. 


My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, ... to trust God’s love and grace, even if things don’t seem fair to us. ... Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries. If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site. 

No comments: