Saturday, June 05, 2021

June 5, 2021 … God Calls For Love …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 156 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Dionne Warwick singing … What the World Needs Now … poignantly singing of how we need to be sharing “God’s love sweet love” with others in this ever darkening world. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Romans 12:10 [ESV] …  

10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

… Paul exhorts fellow Christians to outdo one another in serving others with the love of God.      

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Romans 12:9-13 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Paul, calls for His faithful disciples to show love to one another as a signature of our true love for God.  

==============     


Reference Passage: … John 13:34-35  [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK …  

34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”  

… Jesus, in the upper room, the night of His betrayal, gives His disciples His charge to show love to others as a signature of His love for all who would follow Him.


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 13 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… The Apostle Paul relates God’s definition of real - GODLY - love. 


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [ESV] …  

20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. 

… When we’re able to die to self and surrender to Christ, He lives in us and we can show His love to others.  


Reference Passage: … 1John 4:7-12 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

… John shows that when we love others - as God loves us -  we let others see the love of Christ. 

 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Xochitl Dixon, AT THIS LINK  … tells of an inspiring friend, .. Rogelio, … who showed the love of God to others by the way he worked to share with his family and others the love he felt from God.  


And immediately my old brain thought of Dionne Warwick’s 1960’s hit song (linked above), which is so pertinent and needed these days.  Wouldn’t you agree with the title of this old Burt Bacharach song?  Do I sense a consensus “AMEN” from my fellow Christians? 


Well, if so, how about we join together and do all we can, as did Rogelio in the ODB story, and share all of the love of God we can muster … really showing off the love of Christ as we reach out to help someone today.


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for infusing us with Your love to share with others.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to do all we can to reach out and share God’s love with someone who needs it today.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note]  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: