Sunday, June 06, 2021

June 6, 2021 … Living Like Him …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 157 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Kristian Stanfill singing … More Like Jesus … poignantly leading worship and singing of how, as Christians, live to become more like our Lord every day. 


Living to become more LIKE JESUS today ... 


==============

Highlight Passage:  1John 3:2 [ESV] …  

Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when He appears we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him as He is.

… John looks forward to whom we will become, as born-again Christians, when we are Home with our Lord in heaven.           

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  1John 3:1-3 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru John, shows that we, as surrendered disciples of Christ, are being made over into His image. 

==============     


Reference Passage: … Psalm 139:13-14 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

… God, thru King David, sings of how we were knit in our mother’s womb to become wonderfully made, like our Lord. 


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [ESV] …  

20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. 

… When we’re able to die to self and surrender to Christ, He lives in us and we can chose to follow Him to become more like Him. 


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 4:20-24 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul shows fellow Christians (like you and me) that, as disciples of Christ, we get to choose to put off the old self and put on the new self, being made over in the image of Christ. 


Reference Passage: … Philippians 1:6 [ESV] …  

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 

… From the day we become born-again in Christ, His Spirit makes us over to become like Jesus.

 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Sheridan Voysey, AT THIS LINK   … Reflects on seeing a photo of when he was a plump, freckled-faced young boy and and a second photo of how he had changed when he became a teen and then on into adulthood.   


We do develop and change physically as we grow and develop.  However, we also develop spiritually as well; and the latter is the most important transformation we will undergo in life.  And for those of us who surrender to God’s saving grace and are born-again into God’s family, the change we will undergo will make us over into the image of our Lord.  


And I pray today that all reading here with me are experiencing that wondrous “make-over” as we surrender to put off the old self and put on the new Christlikeness … where, as documented in the truth of the Scriptures above, we are becoming more like our Lord everyday.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for allowing me to become more like You today.   

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to put off the old self and put on the newness of our Lord by following Him more obediently and diligently today.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: