Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June 30, 2021 … Finding Contentment in Christ …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 181 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Don Moen singing … God Will Make A Way … poignantly singing how we follow a God, trusting that He can - AND WILL -  “make a way were there seems to be no way.” 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Philippians 4:12 [ESV] …  

12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.   

… Paul sharing the “secret” he had found to finding contentment … even in dire circumstances.  

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Philippians 4:11-13 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul, writing from prison in Rome, helping fellow Christians find contentment not matter their circumstances.    

==============           


Reference Passage: … Proverbs 3:5-6 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK .. 

…God, thru Solomon, shows us that we should trust and follow God with ALL OUR HEART … no matter what we face in life, He will show us the way… His way!!  


Reference Passage: … Matthew 6:26-34 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 


… Jesus teaches on eliminating anxiety from our lives by trusting in God’s providence to provide for us our needs … no matter our circumstances.    


Reference Passage: … Philippians 3:13-14 [ESV] … 

13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.  

… Paul shows fellow Christians, even from the shackles of prison, that we must go forward and do what we can to fulfill God’s calling on our lives.  


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:6-7 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK .. 

… Again, Paul from prison, relays God’s prescription for eliminating anxiety … i.e, humbly taking our concerns to God in prayer to seek His peace in the midst of any turmoil.  


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Amy Boucher Eye, AT THIS LINK  …use the poignant story of John Eearickson Tada, who became quadriplegic after a diving accident at the age of 17.  Now, Joni has learned what Paul had learned and shared with fellow Christians (see passages from Philippians above) … to find contentment and follow Christ’s calling in life … no matter what she - or we - might encounter.  BTW … the life expectancy of a teenage quadriplegic is seldom over 25 one Joni is now 71.  


Are any of us facing some dire challenges in life right now.  Recently this writer has been dealing with sciatic pain that has effected my ambulation due to the pain in my right leg. And the circumstances have certainly brought my attitude low.  But this morning as I go thru this ODB entry, I’m seriously convicted to move forward, and, like Joni, realize what Don Moen sings in the linked song, … that my God will make a way where there just seems to be no way.


So, today, … no matter what we face, .. let’s join Our Lord, Joni E and the Apostle Paul [see Scriptures above] to find contentment in our relationship with Christ and move forward to complete our calling .        


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for giving me Your strength and direction today … even when I face seemingly insurmountable situations.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to do all we can today to move forward toward Christ’s calling … no matter what we face in life. … Amen


=============

Blogger Note: Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: