Sunday, June 20, 2021

June 20, 2021 … My Quiet Time …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 171 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...  Please take the time to take in song and lyrics by an anonymous worship group singing … My Quiet Time … poignantly singing how we Christians need to follow the model of our Lold and find solitude to pray and seek after God’s will … EVERY DAY!! 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Luke 5:15-16 [ESV] …  

15 But now even more the report about Him went abroad, and great crowds gathered to hear Him and to be healed of their infirmities. 16 But He would withdraw to desolate places and pray.  

… Jesus sought out solitude to be refreshed by quiet time alone with His Heavenly Father, … a model for us when we feel stressed or pressured by the world.     

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Luke 5:12-16 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… When Jesus felt under stress (which was often), He would get alone to pray and be restored by His relationship with God, the Father and The Holy Spirit.

==============     


Reference Passage</u>: … Matthew 6:5-6  [ESV] … USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus’ instructs His followers how to avoid self-indulgent prayer … by getting alone with God.  

Reference Passage: … Matthew 14:23  [ESV] … 

23 And after He had dismissed the crowds, He went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, He was there alone, … 

… After feeding the thousands, … Jesus, needing to be renewed of Spirit, … so sought solitude to be alone with His Father.  


Reference Passage: … Matthew 14:23  [ESV] … 

12 In these days He went out to the mountain to pray, and all night He continued in prayer to God.

… When Jesus needed wisdom from His Father, He often went out to be alone and seek  His Father’s will, … especially just before He was to choose His 12 disciples.  


Reference Passage: … Luke 9:23  [ESV] … 

23 And He said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. … 

… Jesus’ commands for His disciples to follow His will and His ways. 


My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, John Blasé, AT THIS LINK  … uses the preacher father figure in the novel <i>A River Runs Through It</i>, who needed time between his Sunday morning sermon and his Sunday evening service message to be alone with God and renew himself in God’s Spirit. 


And oh how much that example and the often repeated model of Jesus getting alone to meditate and pray with His heavenly Father [see Scriptures above] means to me.  And here I am, … as you will find me any morning I’m capable, … seeking some early morning solitude to pray and to meditate on God’s word, … which is God’s “GPS” (God’s Positioning System) to guide me in life.  


And since Jesus commanded me to follow Him in life as His disciple (see Luke 9:23), … and since He often sought to be renewed and redirected in His life by getting alone with His Father God, I figure that I should follow my Lord’s example to have a quiet time each morning with Him (see photo).  


So, if you’re reading this journal entry of my quiet time today, … or you come back tomorrow, … you’ll see how I’m seeking to follow my Lord from His word.  Could it be that you - as well - need some time alone with God today … AND … in many upcoming tomorrows?!     


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for showing me the importance of getting alone with You, my Lord, to follow You more clearly today.     

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to spend some quiet time with our Lord today. … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: