Tuesday, June 15, 2021

June 15, 2021 … He Takes Good Care of Me …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 166 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics by Cory Asbury singing … Sparrows … poignantly singing of how our God takes good care of all His children. 


God watches over His sparrows ... 


==============

Highlight Passage:  Matthew 10:29, 31 [ESV] …  

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?  And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.  31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

… Since God takes care of even the sparrows, will not God take even more care for His precious children.      

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Matthew 10:16-20, 26-31 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Jesus charges His disciples not to worry about their future being undergirded by God’s Spirit. 

==============     


Reference Passage: … Genesis 29:15  [ESV] … 

15 Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.” 

… God promises Jacob, in a dream, to ALWAYS watch over His chosen people as they move toward His promised land; and that includes us. 


Reference Passage: …Matthew 6:25-34 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK ... 

  Jesus teaches on God caring for all under His creation and control. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:28 [ESV] … 

And we know that for those who love God ALL THINGS work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.

… God, thru Paul, promises to take care of our every need as Christians. 


Reference Passage: … Philippians 4:19 [ESV] … 

19 And my God will supply every need of Yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 

… God, thru Paul, promises to take care of our every need as Christians.


Reference Passage: … 1Peter 5:6-7  [ESV] … 

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7  casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. 

… God will always take care of His children when we’re willing to humble ourselves under His mighty and caring hand. 

 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Elisa Morgan, AT THIS LINK  … told of taking care of a sparrow which had been hit by the author’s car, … know of just how much more our God watches over and cares for us, just as God has promised to do for His chosen ones (see Scriptures posted here).  


The question from this ODB entry is simple … Do we really believe that our God watches over us and provides for what we need as He does for the sparrows He created (see photo)?


I have to admit there are times, … especially when things are NOT going “my way,” that I wonder how much my circumstances are under God’s Romans 28 watch-care. In fact, as I was writing the previous sentence, there was a power outage which caused me 45 minutes to restore my journaling.  Go figure; ,,, but it’s ALL under God’s providence; and I realized that it was a “WHY WORRY” moment.  And so, … we move on … don’t we?  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … helping me to realize that You’re watching over and caring for every moment of my life.  

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to rest in the assurance that You, Lord, are watching over and caring for every moment of our lives.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: