Monday, June 07, 2021

June 7, 2021 … Christ - Our Cornerstone …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 158 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from Pat Barrett singing …Build My Life … poignantly singing of how, as Christians, must build our lives on the foundation of a relationship with Christ. 




==============

Highlight Passage:  Proverbs 14:1 [ESV] …  

The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down. 

… Solomon shows how a wise/sstrong woman builds a life led by a fear of God.            

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: …  Proverbs 14:1-3, 26-27, 33 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God, thru Solomon, shows what that it takes a fear of God and seeking His wisdom to build a strong/sound life. 

==============     


Reference Passage: … Matthew 7:24-27 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK  

… Jesus teaches that only by following His directions can we build a life that will hold up during the storms of life which will come. 


Reference Passage: … 1Corinthians 3:9-11 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul shows fellow Christians that one can only build a life with a strong foundation by following Christ. 


Reference Passage: … Galatians 2:20 [ESV] …  

20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me. 

… When we’re able to die to self and surrender to Christ, He becomes the foundation of the way we live our lives.


Reference Passage: … Ephesians 2:19-22 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… Paul also shows Christians that Christ must the the cornerstone of the life we build by following Him and the wisdom of the ages.  

 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Linda Washington, AT THIS LINK  … Uses the life of an 18th century slave, Isabella Baumfree, who renamed herself, “Sojourner Truth,” after she was freed, became a Christian, and chose to follow Christ to build the foundation of her life, … following the truth of Proverbs 14:1 above.  


And that is the challenge - and the choice - that every one of us must make in life, … to build our lives on our selves or the Savior.  It is the message Pat Barrett sings about in the linked song; and it’s the truth told by Solomon in the OT as well as Jesus and His Apostles (see Scriptures above).  And like Sojourner Truth, I pray all reading here with me are joining me to make Christ the cornerstone of how we build our lives for Gods’ glory.  


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for being the cornerstone of the life I build on my Rock of faith.     

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to build our lives with You, Lord, and Your word as our cornerstone of truth.   … Amen


=============

Blogger Note Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: