Saturday, June 12, 2021

June 12, 2021 … Called By Name …

Berry Patch Devotions in 2021 - Day 163 


Devotional Song: ... GO TO THIS LINK ...   Please take the time to take in song and lyrics from the Maranatha Singers singing … He Knows My Name … poignantly singing of how our God knows everything about us, including our name, … the one we have now and the one we’ll have in heaven. 



==============

Highlight Passage:  Isaiah 43:1 [ESV] …  

1 But now thus says the Lord, He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 

… God’s promise of redemption even tho His people had abandoned Him.           

=============  

Highlight Passage [Context]: … Isiah 43:1-7 [ESV] …  USE THIS LINK … 

… God’s promise, thru Isaiah, that God knows His people by name and He promises to be with them FOREVER. 

==============     


Reference Passage: … Psalm  139:1-7 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK ... 

… King David sings of God’s presence with His chosen ones … EVERYWHERE and ALWAYS.  There’s no where we can go to escape His all-seeing and all-knowing presence. 


Reference Passage: … Matthew 28:20b [ESV] … 

20 … And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” 

… Jesus’ promise to be with His true disciples ALWAYS. 


Reference Passage: … John 10::14-15 [ESV] … 

14 I am the Good Shepherd. I know my own and my own know Me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.

… Jesus declares that, as our Good Shepherd, He knows His sheep and was willing to die for us. 


Reference Passage: … Romans 8:28, 38-39 [ESV] … USE THIS LINK ... 

… Paul declares and teaches the truth that EVERYTHING in our lives is overseen by our God and that NOTHING can separate His born-again disciples from His love. 

 

My Devotional JournalToday's Our Daily Bread author, Patricia Raybon, AT THIS LINK   … tells of she and her husband coming back to a church they had left earlier and feeling welcomed with love; and quoting Kate DiCamillo, an author who wrote, … “Reader, nothing is sweeter in this sad world than the sound of someone you love calling your name.”


That’s true, isn’t it?  And to know - and believe - all the truth of the Scriptures above.  And isn’t it wonderful, my dear fellow Christian, to KNOW … beyond doubt … that God knows EVERYTHING about us … the good, the bad, and the ugly; … and He still loves us and promises never to leave us or forsake us.  


What a “KNOW IT ALL” our God is; and don’tcha just love it!!! 


So, take in the linked song and revel today in the realization that our God not only knows our names; but He’s calling our names to join Him in heaven.  Oh, HALLELUJAH !!! 


My THANKFULNESS: ... Oh, Abba Father, thank You, King Jesus, … for being our know-it-all God. 

My Prayer Today: Oh Abba Father, ... King Jesus, ... . I pray that all reading here will join me, … to praise our Lord for calling us to Himself by name.  … Amen


=============

Blogger Note:  Everyday during this year, my daily devotional blogs are influenced by the reading and study of the online devotional blog entitled “Our Daily Bread,” distributed online via email by RBC Ministries.  If you GO TO THIS LINK on the date of my blog, you can read/study the ODB blogs; or you can subscribe to the blog via email at that site.

No comments: